Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hold up play has improved since Duncs arrival as coach.

...but it hasn't, there are sporadic signs of it, but it hasn't improved because it's plainly obvious he's decided it's not part of his game. His constant losing posession when the whole unit has shifted forward to support him leaves us just as vulnerable as John Stone's antics do. Yet I bet he wanders around Finch Farm thinking "well I'm scoring all the goals, you guys are responsible for everything else".

I've never warmed to him tbh, despite his goal tally.

I really can't believe what I'm reading here. Kane has 22 league goals and 1 assist, Vardy has 19 goals and 6 assists, Lukaku has 18 goals and 6 assists, Aguero has 18 goals and 2 assists. The other three are playing for teams at the pointy end of the table, Lukalu is playing for a team in 14th position. A team that has won 9 games and he isn't good enough.

Most losses of possession from tackles (total):
Romelu Lukaku – Everton (56)
Harry Kane – Tottenham (54)
Memphis Depay – Manchester United (45)
Anthony Martial – Manchester United (44)
Salomon Rondon – West Brom (44)

Vardy and Aguero are a different class of striker, hard-working for starters.

Last edited:
Most losses of possession from tackles (total):
Romelu Lukaku – Everton (56)
Harry Kane – Tottenham (54)
Memphis Depay – Manchester United (45)
Anthony Martial – Manchester United (44)
Salomon Rondon – West Brom (44)

Vardy and Aguero are a different class of striker, hard-working for starters.

1. Losing possession is largely dependent on support from team mates (Aguero has lots of options, players to pass to, Rom doesn't)

2. Rom has four fewer goals than Kane, but 5 more assists than Kane

3. Rom has one less goal than Vardy, and the same amount of assists

Lukaku is a class act playing in a far weaker side than his closest rivals, it is baffling that you're trying to argue he isn't up there with those guys. We don't deserve him with critics as scathing as you are.

1. Losing possession is largely dependent on support from team mates (Aguero has lots of options, players to pass to, Rom doesn't)

Lukaku is a class act playing in a far weaker side than his closest rivals, it is baffling that you're trying to argue he isn't up there with those guys. We don't deserve him with critics as scathing as you are.

I'm not of the opinion that he "isn't good enough" or not a class act, I just haven't warmed to him as an Everton player, he loses the ball too much.

I'm not of the opinion that he "isn't good enough" or not a class act, I just haven't warmed to him as an Everton player, he loses the ball to much.

Fair enough.

Your posts insinuate that he isn't up there with Kane, Vardy, etc, which I don't agree with.

My fear is that once we sell him, we're going to really struggle to find a striker of that ilk to replace him.

Fair enough.

Your posts insinuate that he isn't up there with Kane, Vardy, etc, which I don't agree with.

My fear is that once we sell him, we're going to really struggle to find a striker of that ilk to replace him.

Yeah, there is the unknown, I can't remember a time where he's not been available so we see where the goals might come from. I suspect we'll be fine though.

Feel like he's going through the motions in the league now (obviously he'll turn up in the cup),
It's really becoming noticeable the amount of times he's failing to gamble, not making the run to get onto the end of a ball, expecting a defender to make a clearance rather than a mistake, being caught on his heels

I have criticised him but you have hit the nail on the head. The reason I have been critical is that I believe he has so much more to give & will continue to improve.

I don't believe the othe players he is being compared to have much scope to improve yet he is still able to match there stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back