Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

In 3 years managing the team you don't reckon?

LOL

Put it this way, why would Roberto Martinez, a journeyman midfielder in his prime, work personally on a £28 million striker when he has coaches like Ferguson who have done it at the highest level?

Simple answer, he doesn't.

RM is respononsible for putting together the coaching team.

Wether it's RM directly or a coach he has appointed to work on Lukaku's game or a combination of both the point is RM is the person who's responsible for all coaching at the club.

Trying to not give him any credit for Lukaku's obvious improvement is a bit childish.

RM is respononsible for putting together the coaching team.

Wether it's RM directly or a coach he has appointed to work on Lukaku's game or a combination of both the point is RM is the person who's responsible for all coaching at the club.

Trying to not give him any credit for Lukaku's obvious improvement is a bit childish.

I don't think anyone's saying that mate. But to put his development into a quality striker down to RM is the same I think.

He is going to be great player no matter who he has coaching him. Some things you can't coach.

I don't think anyone's saying that mate. But to put his development into a quality striker down to RM is the same I think.

He is going to be great player no matter who he has coaching him. Some things you can't coach.
^ this.

The challenge came to the claim that Martinez had moulded him into the player he is today.

Agreed although coaching is important. Whatever regime RM or any manager has in place will affect how some players develop or possibly hinder some. I think it's good he lets players express themselves. I think a player like Dela would possibly have gone backwards under Moyes but is encouraged to develop his game under RM.

What worries me though is RM doesn't seem to know how to drill our defence or get them organised at set pieces.

I would sell him ifnhe doenst sign anew contract before September due to the fact next season he will have two seasons left plus he might have a bad season and his price will drop. We might be able to get 60 million for him and buy two top class players, a striker and a left side midfielder

I think so long he has 2 years left on his contract we will get good value for him. 1 average season isn't going to drop his price too much given he's had 3 good seasons in our top flight previously. Even if it knocked 15 million off his value the increase in tv money alone would cover that. It's the gamble you take but the money in the game now days means it's not a gamble that will ruin us financially especially as Moshiri's investment may make it moot anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back