Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

Your posts insinuate that he isn't up there with Kane, Vardy, etc, which I don't agree with.

My fear is that once we sell him, we're going to really struggle to find a striker of that ilk to replace him.

You dont need to replace him directly. Get a decent striker and use the rest of the cash to get someone better to supply him. Kevin Phillips scored loads of goals, its all about the system.

Unless you are at training in person you comment is baseless too.
Nope.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/exclusive-everton-fc-striker-romelu-8050089

“I can learn a lot from Duncan about holding up the ball. Even sometimes in training he’ll stop and show me something. The way he holds up the ball is so impressive.

“Also the way he finishes from crosses as well with his head. It’s all impressive.

“I work with Duncan and (assistant manager) Graeme Jones all the time. I go with them after training on Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursday or Friday. At least three times a week.”

No love for Jones then?

Don't know much about him to be fair, other than he was a nothing striker, a complete yard dog. What could he teach anyone?

That goal-keeping coach appears to be in the same boat. Clearly he influenced RM to not sell Howard 2 seasons ago when it was clear that he was gone.

Don't know much about him to be fair, other than he was a nothing striker, a complete yard dog. What could he teach anyone?

That goal-keeping coach appears to be in the same boat. Clearly he influenced RM to not sell Howard 2 seasons ago when it was clear that he was gone.

I dont agree with that at all. Firstly Ferguson was hardly Pele himself. But look at most good managers, they didnt have great careers generally.

Coaching is more about theory and getting a plan together then actually being able to do all the stuff yourself.

I dont agree with that at all. Firstly Ferguson was hardly Pele himself. But look at most good managers, they didnt have great careers generally.

Coaching is more about theory and getting a plan together then actually being able to do all the stuff yourself.

You coach don't you? lol. Only messing, to be fair, my original comment was a massive generalisation and I know nothing about Jones. Our attacking has been good. I do think Duncan has been the one helping Rom though... although you would have though Duncan has been helping Andy Carroll!

Rather get him sold as soon as we can, don't want it dragging on to the end of the window.

Unlikely though, isn't it?

I mean, we will want to get the biggest fee possible and considering the potentially huge figure involved, the buying club (which, realistically will come from a shortlist of maybe 4 at most) will want to pay as little as possible or structure it so that the fee is spread as evenly as possible over a few years - we will want the opposite. That sort of negotiation could take ages - quite apart from the fact that we probably haven't given up on keeping him yet.

Be great if PSG or whoever stump up £60m as soon as the season finishes, but it's probably wishful thinking

I mean, we will want to get the biggest fee possible and considering the potentially huge figure involved, the buying club (which, realistically will come from a shortlist of maybe 4 at most) will want to pay as little as possible or structure it so that the fee is spread as evenly as possible over a few years - we will want the opposite. That sort of negotiation could take ages - quite apart from the fact that we probably haven't given up on keeping him yet.

Be great if PSG or whoever stump up £60m as soon as the season finishes, but it's probably wishful thinking

Also its unlikely a deal will be concluded until after the Euros so a lot will depend on how far Belgium go.

What I don't want is us holding out all summer for an extra £5 million.

Rather get him sold as soon as we can, don't want it dragging on to the end of the window.
Previously, without Moshi's money, that would be the done thing but, with Moshi's money we can just get a replacement & play hard ball right up to the last minute if we want. The ball's in our court for a change.

Considering how much they paid for Luiz, they might actually be pushovers in the transfer market.

Previously, without Moshi's money, that would be the done thing but, with Moshi's money we can just get a replacement & play hard ball right up to the last minute if we want. The ball's in our court for a change.

Im thinking more about having him around the squad may be a negative, and the impact it could have on the squad as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back