Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it a million times, he won't be here next season. He's made his decision and now is going through the motions.

The posters above are right about the timing of his runs, lack of jumping, and all round half-arsed effort.

If we had anyone half decent to come in I would drop him. But we have Koné and Niasse.

And also playing down the amount of teams interested him too. That's quite some tin foil hat you're wearing.

I am a bit surprised that no one seems to have made comment to the articles earlier in the week pointing to the significant clauses that have been written into the original transfer from Chelsea. Whilst there was no suggestion Chelsea hold a buy back option the additional financial clauses around winning a trophy share of future transfer profit and the number of goals scored could , it seems, be significant .
What is clear RM wants out his comments say that as do his performances in PL games. When he was signed he was sold ( sorry I hate the word in the football ) the Everton "project"but 2 years on far from progress there seems to be little for him to be encouraged by. Yes there is a FA CUP semi final and possibly a winners medal but is the 2015/16 season in terms of the league performances is it a blip or will he, and indeed most of the players, feel that even with a new majority shareholder there is anything to really encourage him?

A focused, determined Lukaku would have bagged 3 goals from our games at Watford and Palace and we would have had 6 points from those games. He had the chances and fluffed them all...His mind is elsewhere and his heart is not in it.

Hopefully the big fella will come good in the FA cup and his goals will win us a trophy.

Maybe you should have responded to him, he's the reason we're not getting relegated, you should be worshiping him.

Shows what a state we're in if you think we should all be worshiping a player who can't be bothered to put a shift in.

Sick to death of seeing him getting muscled off the ball by weaker players & half challenging for headers yes he scores goals but he turns up when he wants too & won't sacrifice himself for the team.

Yes his hold up play has improved but the simplest of passes he still messes up far too often he doesn't look after the ball anywhere near good enough compared to the top strikers.

Yes still our best striker in 20 years but has flaws in his game which could be ironed out but most likely not at us where he is constantly reminded how good he is & how lucky we are to have him.

Sick to death of seeing him getting muscled off the ball by weaker players & half challenging for headers yes he scores goals but he turns up when he wants too & won't sacrifice himself for the team.

Yes his hold up play has improved but the simplest of passes he still messes up far too often he doesn't look after the ball anywhere near good enough compared to the top strikers.

Yes still our best striker in 20 years but has flaws in his game which could be ironed out but most likely not at us where he is constantly reminded how good he is & how lucky we are to have him.
This is the big problem with the atmosphere around the club now. Whatever you think of Martinez it's not healthy for players to think they'll escape any criticism.
I think Rom has his eye on the Euros and maybe a move. And he's not getting any stick for it.
You just knew that whatever happened last night Martinez and/or Kone would get the blame. But a couple of players let everyone down last night.

This is the big problem with the atmosphere around the club now. Whatever you think of Martinez it's not healthy for players to think they'll escape any criticism.
I think Rom has his eye on the Euros and maybe a move. And he's not getting any stick for it.
You just knew that whatever happened last night Martinez and/or Kone would get the blame. But a couple of players let everyone down last night.

Good. He's the only one performing to his potential and beyond. The only person in our club except the kit man, who I assume is doing alright because we have socks on each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back