Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. He's the only one performing to his potential and beyond. The only person in our club except the kit man, who I assume is doing alright because we have socks on each game.
He has been fantastic but he is certainly not performing to his potential. He can be whatever he wants to be but gettting muscled out of it by inferior players far too often. How many times do we see hi kill teams off I don't want to compare him to ronaldo but he has a killer in him he would score 5 against bottoms of the league lukaku would score 2 then think he can take his foot of the gas.

He need to show more desire wether it's because he thinks he is above us who knows but you can't pick & Choose your games if you want to be an elite top player

Anyone considered that having played practically every game of the season he's perhaps starting to run on empty a bit?

Defenders have his number. Needs someone else up top who'll get on the ball and supply him. He doesn't escape criticism though, Lukaku is a petulant [Poor language removed] who's looking for a move away from the club.

He has been fantastic but he is certainly not performing to his potential. He can be whatever he wants to be but gettting muscled out of it by inferior players far too often. How many times do we see hi kill teams off I don't want to compare him to ronaldo but he has a killer in him he would score 5 against bottoms of the league lukaku would score 2 then think he can take his foot of the gas.

He need to show more desire wether it's because he thinks he is above us who knows but you can't pick & Choose your games if you want to be an elite top player
Rom is a streaky player when it is going well he is wonderful , but when it isn't he is very ordinary.
It is no coincidence that his decline in form is in tandem with Del being out of the team.

To those slating our top scorer and the first player to get this many goals in a season for absolutely eons despite us being crap, which striker in the whole of the world, including the Lewandowski's etc of this world, would be doing a better job given the awful system we play for a striker?

Good. He's the only one performing to his potential and beyond. The only person in our club except the kit man, who I assume is doing alright because we have socks on each game.
I think you can't argue with that over the season. But last night and Saturday he did seem to be going through the motions. I'm not even saying I'd blame him in his position. He might even be saving it up for the semi in which case I'd actually go along with it. But it's got to be on his and a couple of other's minds now that this season now is all about staying fit.
Not saying the crowd should be on his back but still highlights for me that the biggest issue we have is lack of leadership on the pitch

It doesn't matter how many paragraphs you write, there's only one sentence that is correct:

Lukaku has kept us up this season.

Everything is irrelevant, unless we're starting the Judas theme early.

I think you can't argue with that over the season. But last night and Saturday he did seem to be going through the motions. I'm not even saying I'd blame him in his position. He might even be saving it up for the semi in which case I'd actually go along with it. But it's got to be on his and a couple of other's minds now that this season now is all about staying fit.
Not saying the crowd should be on his back but still highlights for me that the biggest issue we have is lack of leadership on the pitch

Oh yeah, we have major issues. Rom isn't one of them.

It doesn't matter how many paragraphs you write, there's only one sentence that is correct:

Lukaku has kept us up this season.

Everything is irrelevant, unless we're starting the Judas theme early.
Your not wrong but does scoring goals & keeping us up exempt us from analysing his flaws.
Small time attitude

He has giving numerous interviews with various sound bites I'm so strong in a beast no one can touch me etc

Okay fine but I don't see it. I see a fanastic player who could be so much more with increased application. Instead we all find increasing reasons to compensate for his weaknesses.

We what to be champions league & a top club well if we were he wouldn't be exempt from criticism

Your not wrong but does scoring goals & keeping us up exempt us from analysing his flaws.
Small time attitude

He has giving numerous interviews with various sound bites I'm so strong in a beast no one can touch me etc

Okay fine but I don't see it. I see a fanastic player who could be so much more with increased application. Instead we all find increasing reasons to compensate for his weaknesses.

We what to be champions league & a top club well if we were he wouldn't be exempt from criticism

Why is it small time attitude to acknowledge we have one of the best strikers in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back