Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna politely point out a level of double standards here. Totally fabricated story by the sound of it. And sadly at the moment we're not in a position to keep calling the press out over stuff like this. Especially as there's a fair chance he will go.
And I think most of our fans can see it's nonsense. But apparently when they stitched Baines up they were acting honestly and without any agenda. I accept the Baines story was at least based on an interview but it was still their job to cause as much disruption as possible. Even last week a radio journo claiming he's a fan was stating that Baines was forced to apologise for saying that there was no chemistry in the dressing room. Just as made up but if anything more likely to cause a rift between player and the club. And the rest of his teammates.
So getting behind the players is great, especially ones who are true blues, but maybe doing it because the press wanted to manipulate the discontent with the manager is not that sensible. And maybe not what the player wanted.

Brilliant season in terms of goals accepted but - either tonight <if he plays> but certainly on Saturday I think
Lukaku has to produce a massive performance on the very big occasion - as he did against Chelsea in fairness. Nowhere to be seen at The Ethiad after half-time and largely quiet against Liverpool in his time with us. Teams turn to the star man in times of need.

I'd put Miralles up top and Pienaar on the left, or has stubborn arse Bobby bluff washed his hands of him!? (Pienaar that is)

There's a lot of things to give the manager stick for, but Pienaar's lack of action for the last 2 seasons is not one of them.

Pretty sure that Pienaar has said recently that he'd drop down to the Championship next season if need be to get game time. Think that speaks volumes about what stage of his career he's at.....

There's a lot of things to give the manager stick for, but Pienaar's lack of action for the last 2 seasons is not one of them.

Pretty sure that Pienaar has said recently that he'd drop down to the Championship next season if need be to get game time. Think that speaks volumes about what stage of his career he's at.....

I think he said on loan for the rest of the season when that article came out - can't remember. Point agreed with though.

Great player though - made us tick more then a lot of better thought of players.

You're spot on, but I wouldn't be bothered if he started and we got an hour out of him on the left....

When he first came here I thought Pienaar was one of our best players for the next 2/3 seasons, sadly as you quoted if he is considering a future at a championship club he must know himself he is finished at this level, father time appears to have caught up with him.

As for Rom...he is making no statements to quell the rumour,s indeed it appears to be the team around him that are fuelling them,
he is also not daft enough to rest on his laurels,he will want a big finish to the season for personal reason,s if (and it's a big if the way we are playing) we can supply him with the ammo I can see us getting a result.

RS are expecting a walkover tonight and they too have bigger games than this coming up if we can hit them early and give ourselves some confidence who knows?

The fear I have is our inability to defend and I for one will be watching in anticipation from behind the sofa.

probably just doing this to make his exit hurt a bit less but i've been asking myself and friends this question...
Bar his run and goal against arsenal in the 3-0 and his first against chelsea, how many of his goals are goals that another half decent striker wouldnt score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back