Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to say, but I do think there's some truth in this part of your post.

He wants the ball played directly to his feet lately, or else he isn't interested. Maybe he sees himself as more important than the rest of the team? Hardly the attitude of a team player is it? On the other hand maybe he he simply isn't getting the service.

I'm not suggesting he's lazy because he isn't (also let's not go down the 'lazy' faux racism route please folks), but I do think it shows a lack of maturity on his part.

That said, I am hoping we get a new manager who will persuade him to stay, although my confidence in that is dwindling.

He will work his nuts off saturday which will prove he is billy big balls and is playing purely for himself.

Its chicken n egg syndrome i think. When we were banging them in but leaking like a dodgy tap, do you become disilusioned as a forward and think ' whats the point'

Feel sorry for the lad. He's put in a hard shift up front and hasn't had anyone within 30 yards of him when recieving the ball. Once again the midfield and defence have left him lost.

You're an idiot if you criticise him tonight, an idiot.
Totally agree. Yes he could've "moved around more" but if i was him, i'd be thinking "why bother? no one is even in the same half as me, i'm getting hoofed balls in my direction"

Rom simply wasn't to blame. He could do a james vaughan and run around like a headless chicken but it's utterly pointless.

Rom wasn't to blame last night but there's no hiding the fact it was a pathetic attempt to pass off as a footballer.

If I was anyone other than Joel last night though I would have been ashamed of myself for putting in such a lack of effort.

I think someone mentioned that the players should have gone to Speedo Mick and told him they would all donate their weeks wages to him.

None of us can be quite sure why the downturn inform happened or indeed when. There have been glimpses that something wasn't 100% and then like the FA cup against Chelsea when everything is forgiven.

For Baines to say what he did, for the attitude of the players there clearly is something majorly wrong. I have posted on other threads that for me keeping Stones was going to cause a problem in that save the odd occasion clubs rarely keep players who want out. It's the old rotten apple thing and whilst many had applauded the statement of intent the worry was how the club the moved forward in respect of changing his attitude, getting him to withdraw the request and sign a new contract

Some will say what has that got to do with RL , well for me it's a major thing. RL without doubt will had been treated as top man yet the attention will have shifted in terms of star player status, RL will have been the highest paid but once Chelseas massive offer was turned down the club would have wanted to Stones to sign a massive new contract which possibly would be on a par elevating JS to star man status at what is( and it's going to offend some, a mid table team average wage paying premier league team.)The fact that no new contract has been signed speaks volumes and it is clear to all that The development of JS has stalled he hasn't broken into the England team as a guarenteed starter and as is normal he will no doubt be making his discontent to other players who will know what will have been offered.

RL is far from stupid he like the vast bulk of players at Everton really doesn't have any loyalty to Everton he is at a key moment in his professional life. He will know from players at other clubs what they are planning for next season he will know from the press that the money in the PL next season will be vast and then he will look at what he's got, he will know that the chances are that next season if he stays at Everton he probably won't score as many as this season and he will know that as things stand he is probably going to drop down the Belguim pecking order unless he somehow raises his profile and with the WC just two seasons away he can't afford for any hiccups

People go on about other clubs players being mercaneries and are conned when a player kisses or thumps the badge but those actions are hollow for every player is in it for number one and in RL we are now seeing through his performances and indeed his words that he is no different and will be gone before next season.

None of us can be quite sure why the downturn inform happened or indeed when. There have been glimpses that something wasn't 100% and then like the FA cup against Chelsea when everything is forgiven.

For Baines to say what he did, for the attitude of the players there clearly is something majorly wrong. I have posted on other threads that for me keeping Stones was going to cause a problem in that save the odd occasion clubs rarely keep players who want out. It's the old rotten apple thing and whilst many had applauded the statement of intent the worry was how the club the moved forward in respect of changing his attitude, getting him to withdraw the request and sign a new contract

Some will say what has that got to do with RL , well for me it's a major thing. RL without doubt will had been treated as top man yet the attention will have shifted in terms of star player status, RL will have been the highest paid but once Chelseas massive offer was turned down the club would have wanted to Stones to sign a massive new contract which possibly would be on a par elevating JS to star man status at what is( and it's going to offend some, a mid table team average wage paying premier league team.)The fact that no new contract has been signed speaks volumes and it is clear to all that The development of JS has stalled he hasn't broken into the England team as a guarenteed starter and as is normal he will no doubt be making his discontent to other players who will know what will have been offered.

RL is far from stupid he like the vast bulk of players at Everton really doesn't have any loyalty to Everton he is at a key moment in his professional life. He will know from players at other clubs what they are planning for next season he will know from the press that the money in the PL next season will be vast and then he will look at what he's got, he will know that the chances are that next season if he stays at Everton he probably won't score as many as this season and he will know that as things stand he is probably going to drop down the Belguim pecking order unless he somehow raises his profile and with the WC just two seasons away he can't afford for any hiccups

People go on about other clubs players being mercaneries and are conned when a player kisses or thumps the badge but those actions are hollow for every player is in it for number one and in RL we are now seeing through his performances and indeed his words that he is no different and will be gone before next season.

Somethings amiss but surely a new manager and high calibre signings plus a pay rise and he stays.

I want him to go now. Unsettling the team, only interested in himself and does nothing to help the team unless the ball is played to him. That isn't world class. Thanks for the goals, lets get good money and off you go. Lukaku isn't one of us.

Totally agree with you.

With the amount of money sluicing round the Premier league him and Stones could attract a combined 100 million and I want them both gone. Neither want to be here and good riddance. I have long grown out of worrying about loyalty. I know the concept is irrelevant in the modern game and Everton is only a staging post for them and they want out....OK go before you get injured and give us the money.

Rom is a good striker but not as good as he thinks he is.

Its abit chicken n egg syndrome with rim.
If he was at spurs chasing the title would he of stopped scoring goals like he has

Totally agree with you.

With the amount of money sluicing round the Premier league him and Stones could attract a combined 100 million and I want them both gone. Neither want to be here and good riddance. I have long grown out of worrying about loyalty. I know the concept is irrelevant in the modern game and Everton is only a staging post for them and they want out....OK go before you get injured and give us the money.

Rom is a good striker but not as good as he thinks he is.
I agree with you also, but there are a few more players on our books who seem to get away with ' getting stick' from us.

Just hope Rom can climb out of Blinds back pocket today. FFS size of Rom to Blind and blind owned him. Rom needs to be up for this and use his greatest asset...strength...something he doesn't use enough.

Well rom won't do any harm in trying to improve his wages demands to the new club if he had a stormer tonight. Goals and motm could earn him an extra 20k a week plus a potential medal. Does this guy have any medals yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back