Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced that Lukaku is good enough for the premier clubs , Bayern, Real, Barcelona. I just don't think he is good enough, not a good enough finisher and not consistent enough.

He is young and these things may come, but not for me at the moment.

As much as I love us having Lukaku I do tend to agree.

Yakubu was a lethal goalscorer, but often didn't put the required off the ball leg work in. After returning from a bad injury he was pivotal in the derby win and appeared to be hitting some kind of form again that persuaded us to break our transfer record. He was then sold for an undisclosed fee when goals where at a premium under Moyes.

When he was sold to Blackburn he scored nearly 20 league goals, something we desperately needed from a striker. But Blackburn finished in the bottom 3. For all of the Yaks goals the 'team' leaked far too many in trying to 'feed' him. It was totally unbalanced.

For all of Lukaku's goal contribution, we find ourselves bottom half and he does tend to blow hot and cold. When he is good he can be unplayable, but when he is off it he is anonymous.

I hope he does stay, but if we do receive 60m+ for him I am certain a good manger could build a strong forward unit with that money.

i don't think he's a lone striker. His best spells this season have come when Ross is able to get up and support almost as a second striker, early on with Kone drifting inside off the left or when Geri was playing him in quick. These are things that as the season as progressed we've stopped doing (not too arsed about Kone not playing though). Every now and then he can score a wonderful solo goal as he did against Chelsea but we are asking him to do more and more on his own and the goals are drying up. If he had a striker along side him doing the leg work and making space for him i think he'd run riot. If he goes to an Elite club where he doesn't need to defend, where others will run around and do the work for him he'll be world class. thats what i think

Just wonderin after all the harsh comments here.
If he destroys the reds tonight, is he then again the great player he seemed to be just a couple of weeks ago?

Feel sorry for the lad. He's put in a hard shift up front and hasn't had anyone within 30 yards of him when recieving the ball. Once again the midfield and defence have left him lost.

You're an idiot if you criticise him tonight, an idiot.

Chelsea sniffing around again I see, possibly in the region of 60 million. Jesus H Christ take it an run, we could buy 6 or 7 defenders, all better than what we have got now, for that sort of money.

Reactions: rbm
.....does nothing to help the team unless the ball is played to him. That isn't world class....
I want him to say, but I do think there's some truth in this part of your post.

He wants the ball played directly to his feet lately, or else he isn't interested. Maybe he sees himself as more important than the rest of the team? Hardly the attitude of a team player is it? On the other hand maybe he he simply isn't getting the service.

I'm not suggesting he's lazy because he isn't (also let's not go down the 'lazy' faux racism route please folks), but I do think it shows a lack of maturity on his part.

That said, I am hoping we get a new manager who will persuade him to stay, although my confidence in that is dwindling.

....how effective he was when playing with Deulofeu. What happens, we take away his main source of ammunition. Not rocket science what the consequence is.
I always feel he plays best when Deulofeu and Barkley are on form, providing decent service, personally. The combo of those three tended to be good.

I want him to go now. Unsettling the team, only interested in himself and does nothing to help the team unless the ball is played to him. That isn't world class. Thanks for the goals, lets get good money and off you go. Lukaku isn't one of us.

This was my thoughts a few weeks ago. We can replace his goals

Reactions: rbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back