Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its actually pretty worrying

Nah. This is the exact same Lukaku we've had most weeks since his first three months on loan.

He'll still end up with close to 20 this season, if not more. The question, as it always has been, is whether a player who is such a liability to the overall team play is worth persisting with given the goals he scores.

Just depends on your view - for me, we don't play to his strengths and probably never will under Martinez.

Back to goal Just isn't his game, he may as well be an opposition defender for the amount of times we turn possession over rolling the ball into him. Wish I knew the answer.

When McCarthy laid it off for him in the box, he started running onto it a full 4 seconds after the ball was sent, and about 2 seconds after it went out. Shocking stuff, pull it together Rom!

We don't play to his strengths. We insist on playing him like a target man, dropping to get the ball, back to box.

That's why he looks [Poor language removed]. Get him running onto stuff he'll slot like nobody's business.

We don't play to his strengths. We insist on playing him like a target man, dropping to get the ball, back to box.

That's why he looks [Poor language removed]. Get him running onto stuff he'll slot like nobody's business.

This is normally my position but he's had some great chances in this game and in the last and looked utterly pants.

How we use him still needs to improve but that doesn't excuse him completely. He's in poor form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back