Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
this kid has not improved 1 jot since we had him on loan ,his failings are there for all to see and his attitude stinks. I would be happy to see him gone in January as long as the money was reinvested straight back into a striker who can play back to goal.

We don't play to his strengths. We insist on playing him like a target man, dropping to get the ball, back to box.

That's why he looks [Poor language removed]. Get him running onto stuff he'll slot like nobody's business.
perhaps teams may not let him get a run on them. have you noticed how tight he is marked, he does not have the brains to adapt his game

That's the worst he's played for us IMO, in terms of his technical performance and horrible attitude to the game.

Yep I would say that was as close to a Brett Angell performance as we are likely to see. That was a league 2 strikers performance if ever there was one.

Martinez should have given him the hook though and gave Leandro 30 minutes at least to see if he can provide competition because when Lukaku is as poor as tonight we look extremely light up top

He is getting to be a worry, the team seems to be falling into place but he doesn't seem to have bought into it. Worry is that if he continues to turn in poor displays it will start to affect the rest of the team.
He needs a kick up the backside.

While he was described as "unplayable" against Southampton, the worry is he should have terrorised both the Barnsley and Reading defences but didn't . It's always struck me as odd that Martinez likes him so much , you'd have thought an Aguero type , smaller , skilful ball player would have appealed to him. Still he's only 22 , plenty of time for him to develop further.

sometimes I think he hasn't adjusted to not 'making it' yet, when he signed for Chelsea I bet he thought he would be a world beater, then he ends up at us playing away at reading instead of playing in the champs league

Forget not playing to his strengths. Lukaku says he wants to be the best striker in the world and tonight was in the back pocket of Reading FC's young 4th choice centre back who hasn't played all season. Lukaku should be giving the lad a torrid time for 90 minutes.

I'm a massive fan of his too. But he seriously needs to buck his ideas up.

Think he could do with a rest to be honest. I can't see him having much luck against a west brom defence the way he's playing at the moment anyway.

I'd love it if we could give him a rest but who do we play in his place? Kone on his own up top? Naismith on his own? Mirallas? Martinez won't be throwing Rodriguez in just yet. We literally have so few options up front it's scary.

A new training aid for Lukaku :

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back