Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling him would almost certainly leave the club worse off but everything from his attitude to his performances to his spouting off to the press has been appalling the last few months. It's sad to see because there was a point where he seemed to be capable of really becoming special at Everton but I just don't see it now

He saving himself for the Euros, get his move and make abit of money and play in the CL. We just need to make as much money and we can on him and spend it two brand new strikers.

I've never truly warmed to lukaku.I've never seen anyone knock in the amount of goals he does for us which makes it feel even the more strange. I get the impression he feels he belongs with the best but aguero, Suarez and messi just have that natural finesse. All three of them seem to play at full every game too. I told a saints mate not to worry about lukaku when we played them at the beginning of the season because he rarely turns up.low and behold he played a blinder, really up for it from the off.more performances like that and I'd back his corner in any argument.
Totally agree with all this. When a big performance is really needed he can really let you down just like at Wembley.

....there is clearly a problem inside the club, more specifically we appear rudderless from a playing perspective. Lukaku is a proven goalscorer who's ammunition has largely been taken away. Perhaps his attitude is bad but it's difficult to judge individuals playing in a side who have lost faith with what they are being asked to do.

I get the impression he feels he belongs with the best but aguero, Suarez and messi just have that natural finesse.

These are three proven world-class players...among the very best in the world. They're older and more experienced with years of Champs League which hones the skills. They're also of smaller stature, means they have a lower centre of gravity (take less time to turn), this could give the impression they have more finesse than a bigger stronger type. Also did you see those players when they were Rom's age? Suarez was slotting for fun in a minor league, but that's not saying much. Agüero was just about to join City on the back of a similar goal-ratio for A.Madrid to what Rom has for us now. Messi is Messi...Rom is no Messi, no one is.

I'd say Rom (other than the last couple of months) is on par with the development of Suarez/Aguero at age 22. But he needs proper coaching and experience at the highest level if he wants to get as good as these guys are now. Hence his Dad sounding out a move.

If he does get as good as them, he'll still be a different style of striker: with some skills but less finesse, more direct power. More like a Bierhoff/Drogba/Van Basten.

Sticking to my prediction of seeing him in Turkey by the time he's 25.

It really could go either way...depends on who coaches him next and if he gets high-level experience in the Champs League and also Euros with Belgium.

....there is clearly a problem inside the club, more specifically we appear rudderless from a playing perspective. Lukaku is a proven goalscorer who's ammunition has largely been taken away. Perhaps his attitude is bad but it's difficult to judge individuals playing in a side who have lost faith with what they are being asked to do.

This is my view too...Rom's not the only one looking NEA. Ross too. Stones looks totally unfocussed. It's an affliction affecting all our best players and it's all down to the coaching/management.

A marvellous striker who can destroy teams single-handed on his day.
However, he has an attitude problem which typifies the over-hyped overpaid young millionaires who now play football for clubs they have no attachment to.
Lukaku cares about Lukaku, not Everton, not Chelsea, not Anderlecht or any club he might play for in the future.
A half-decent manager would have done something about this months ago - hopefully a kick up the backside to get him playing again. But instead we have Roberto doing his best to ruin Everton as well as a fine young player.

I never warmed to him because it's pretty obvious he's here as a stepping stone. If he stays this Summer though, it'll completely change my perception of him.

I don't have a problem with whole stepping stone thing. Hell it was probably part of our sales pitch (notice we never said he's not for sale at any price like Stones?). Even guys like Mahrez and Kante are probably thinking the same thing right about now. But part of that deal is showing up and doing a job when you are pretty much the leader of the club.

LC had absolutely nothing to play for either and a player like Vardy would have been forgiven if he went through the motions to save himself for the Euros. But that side busted their behinds yesterday.

Agree with this mate. We will get a better measure of this when the board do there job and remove the manager. Whole team have given up is my belief and we must act quickly. Not been a fan of the protests but feel a big one against the manager is needed Sunday to at least show the players some support

If he was anything of a fella,he would have busted a gut for us the last few games after his diabolical performance at Wembley,can't stand him myself,that's just my view,his goal and non celebration in the cup at Bournemouth a case in point for me.

If he was anything of a fella,he would have busted a gut for us the last few games after his diabolical performance at Wembley,can't stand him myself,that's just my view,his goal and non celebration in the cup at Bournemouth a case in point for me.

Agreed, Dario.

I don't think he will be remembered with any great affection in the years to come......certainly not by me anyway.

Has never given me the impression he is big into the club nor does he appear to make any great effort to insinuate himself into our folklore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back