Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously advocating the sale of the one player who has kept us out of relegation trouble for the last two seasons?

Madness. Utter dribbling insanity.

The only reason I would even consider selling him would be if a continental club came in with a ridiculous bid, like £70m. Anything less than £60m I wouldn't even dignify with a reply.

Only Kane, Vardy and Aguero have scored more than Rom this season and of those three I would say only Aguero is a significantly better player. Vardy is 18 months away from being worth nothing, due to his age. Kane is overpriced/valued simply due to being English. Neither would represent value for money as a replacement, and it's not as if we could buy either of them, or Aguero, anyway.

A big-name manager coming in will go a long way to convincing Rom to stay for one more season. We NEED him to stay. He should stay.
Yeah everything about him spells party time
Sulky boy

I hope Lukaku ends the season with goals, swagger and confidence. Hopefully he scores 4 goals or something today. The whole team has been poor for so long and if we're going to sell him it would help that he shows what clubs could be buying for the £55m!

Are people seriously advocating the sale of the one player who has kept us out of relegation trouble for the last two seasons?

Madness. Utter dribbling insanity.

The only reason I would even consider selling him would be if a continental club came in with a ridiculous bid, like £70m. Anything less than £60m I wouldn't even dignify with a reply.

Only Kane, Vardy and Aguero have scored more than Rom this season and of those three I would say only Aguero is a significantly better player. Vardy is 18 months away from being worth nothing, due to his age. Kane is overpriced/valued simply due to being English. Neither would represent value for money as a replacement, and it's not as if we could buy either of them, or Aguero, anyway.

A big-name manager coming in will go a long way to convincing Rom to stay for one more season. We NEED him to stay. He should stay.

You say you want 60 m for Lukaku and kane is overpriced. ? Most evertonians would walk over lukaku to get kane, the kid is the perfect centre forward and a young Englishmen who has a fantastic work ethic.

You say you want 60 m for Lukaku and kane is overpriced. ? Most evertonians would walk over lukaku to get kane, the kid is the perfect centre forward and a young Englishmen who has a fantastic work ethic.
Any club will always look to sell their best players for the maximum sum possible. We should be no different with Lukaku, IF the time comes that we want to sell him. Equally, every club will always look to pay out as little as possible when bringing in a new player and, at the moment, Kane would command an INSANE fee because he's had a brilliant season, he's English (so carries a premium) and Daniel Levy would be running the negotiations. I'm not pricing either Lukaku or Kane objectively, I'm looking at both of them subjectively through the eyes of an Everton supporter.

I'm not so sure MOST Evertonians would walk over Lukaku to get to Kane. Some might, and they are entitled to their opinion. But Kane has been playing for a team with a MUCH more creative midfield this season than Lukaku, has played 200 minutes more than Lukaku in the prem, taken 41 more shots than Lukaku and only scored 7 more goals. Rom's had six assists, Kane's had one. I'm not so sure that if we swapped them around Kane would still be the higher scoring player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Rom just needs to take on board that even when things ain't going your way you still need to put in some effort, chase things down lost causes etc .Not just stand around and let the game pass you by like he's done for last half of this season...irrespective of what's happening off the field .

If you cant see why he sold Lukaku then you're silly arent you.

Lukaku has vastly improved as a player since he left Chelsea. Mourinho likes ready made players, he swapped Lukaku for Costa & he won them the League.

He also bought Bony to replace him and he did bugger all?

And I'm not silly lad. I'm stupid.

Mourinho had little choice but to sell a player seeking to play week in week out. Lukaku knows what he want and the only way to improve himself is to play regularly. Its not about selling because he has no potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back