Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think he misses Deulofeu in the side?

His only sustained run of good form was when Deulofeu was assisting him.

Other than 1 game against West Ham and the cup game against Chelsea, where in both he did it all himself, he hasn't had any great games I can recall with Deulofeu (or at the very start of the season, an in form Koné).

This is why I'm quite fond of Deulofeu; I think whoever we have up front next season, if they're playing with an in form Gerry, then they'll do very well indeed.

Is it just me or does lukaku look like abit of a sulk when things are'nt going for him.
E.g mourinho claiming he didnt have the heart to fight for a place.
I dont think he will be missed as much as people think and possibly had abit to much say under martinez

Totally agree, I find it difficult to accept that professionals, particularly in the royal blue of Everton, have insufficient personal motivation and integrity to do their very best every game they play in.

The manager has a role in taking teams and indivials to higher levels (as shown by Ranieri) but there must be a base level of performance regardless of managerial input.

Dilly ding, dilly dong.

In a bit Rom, Was good when you could be arsed

Hopefully you improve at your next club and go on to become the world class talent you believe you are

Is it just me or does lukaku look like abit of a sulk when things are'nt going for him.
E.g mourinho claiming he didnt have the heart to fight for a place.
I dont think he will be missed as much as people think and possibly had abit to much say under martinez

He's definitely replaceable at the end of the day, no doubting his talents as a footballer or what he will go on to achieve but surely we can replace what he offers. He still seems to have a bit of a habit of having a few heavy/clunky touches here and there still but I'd still say he looked a bit more interested today than the past few games.

Totally agree, I find it difficult to accept that professionals, particularly in the royal blue of Everton, have insufficient personal motivation and integrity to do their very best every game they play in.

The manager has a role in taking teams and indivials to higher levels (as shown by Ranieri) but there must be a base level of performance regardless of managerial input.
First and foremost they are human beings, not robots. Whilst the performances were unacceptable the they are massively affected by things going on at the club.
If you disagree with what you are being asked to do, and it clearly is not working, the it is really difficult to motivate yourself.
Getting the ambience right to maximise performance is a big part of what the manager and his staff are there to do.

He's definitely replaceable at the end of the day, no doubting his talents as a footballer or what he will go on to achieve but surely we can replace what he offers. He still seems to have a bit of a habit of having a few heavy/clunky touches here and there still but I'd still say he looked a bit more interested today than the past few games.

Lets be honest. We need to replace 18 goals. Wether that comes from one striker or two dosent realy matter

NEA,if he's going,him,his dad and his agent have talked him into being a superstar,if we can virtually double our money on him and acquire maybe even two forwards with a new,shrewd boss at the helm,I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back