Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a bit Rom, Was good when you could be arsed

Hopefully you improve at your next club and go on to become the world class talent you believe you are

He will be a world class talent and there is nothing wrong with self belief.

He's been crap since that Chelsea game, but posts like yours are ridiculous.

25 goals this season in all comps, 18 in the league and has finished as the fourth highest goalscorer behind Kane, Vardy and Aguero.

He's just turned 23.

He's not ready for a massive (super) club yet, even if he may believe he is. But if he does leave this summer we'll get a hefty fee for him and I wish him all the best.

A lot depends on his displays in the Euros though.

Was Raiola his agent when the extension was signed? You would think there would have been some sort of clause involved if so.

If not, then I reckon he'll end up having to stay. Dortmund have already kicked off the striker merry-go-round with Dembele, and unless there is a reasonable fee set within his contract I doubt Lukaku will be hopping on.

With 29 league goals in the two seasons since he was bought, I feel as though Everton have had their money's worth at £28m. I don't think I'd be too keen on going much higher than that if I were cutting cheques at another club, though.

Was Raiola his agent when the extension was signed? You would think there would have been some sort of clause involved if so.

If not, then I reckon he'll end up having to stay. Dortmund have already kicked off the striker merry-go-round with Dembele, and unless there is a reasonable fee set within his contract I doubt Lukaku will be hopping on.

With 29 league goals in the two seasons since he was bought, I feel as though Everton have had their money's worth at £28m. I don't think I'd be too keen on going much higher than that if I were cutting cheques at another club, though.

He has never signed an extension with us mate

He's not an extension but no, Raiola was not his agent when he signed with us

Is it just me or does lukaku look like abit of a sulk when things are'nt going for him.
E.g mourinho claiming he didnt have the heart to fight for a place.
I dont think he will be missed as much as people think and possibly had abit to much say under martinez

You are deluded if you don't think we will miss a striker who can score 20+ goals a season. Come on be real. We haven't had a consistent goal scorer for decades, lets not fantasise.

I'm all for optimism, but we finished 11th, for the second year running.

Even with Moshiri's investment, it's highly unlikely we'll be able to attract any striker who is as good as Rom...

Do not understand why you and another linked my post to Rom leaving, completely misunderstood my post nothing to do with Rom leaving but pointing to the future and better times ahead.

Genuinely though imagine going 'NEA' if our best striker in over 20 years leaves.

Then these are the same fans that slate others for 'not having ambition'

Everton, that
Probably because having him here hasn't really led to anything other than him padding out his goal record.

If you'd have asked me three years ago what I thought the impact of a near-£30m addition to the Everton side would be, I imagine I'd have expected something along the lines of Tevez at City, Bale at Spurs or Suarez/Torres at Liverpool.

As it's turned out, having him hasn't been the difference in big games, or even inspired a marginal improvement in league position. In fact, Everton are now firmly entrenched in the bottom half, and still get turfed out of cup competitions at the first sign of a decent side.

Also, as someone who has made some frankly outrageous claims regarding the quality of the current Everton team, I'm sure you won't reply to this by claiming that his fine goal return has been the only thing keeping them in the division.

I hope you will now reconsider sneering at anyone who isn't too cut up about saying goodbye to this unlikeable diva.

Probably because having him here hasn't really led to anything other than him padding out his goal record.

If you'd have asked me three years ago what I thought the impact of a near-£30m addition to the Everton side would be, I imagine I'd have expected something along the lines of Tevez at City, Bale at Spurs or Suarez/Torres at Liverpool.

As it's turned out, having him hasn't been the difference in big games, or even inspired a marginal improvement in league position. In fact, Everton are now firmly entrenched in the bottom half, and still get turfed out of cup competitions at the first sign of a decent side.

Also, as someone who has made some frankly outrageous claims regarding the quality of the current Everton team, I'm sure you won't reply to this by claiming that his fine goal return has been the only thing keeping them in the division.

I hope you will now reconsider sneering at anyone who isn't too cut up about saying goodbye to this unlikeable diva.

We would have been relegated without him this season...

I reckon everything will hinge on who we appoint as manager on whether Rom is off, and who his potential replacement might be.

I will say that we've been fine in the past with goal scoring by committee, so I don't think the next striker absolutely needs to be a 25 goal/year type of striker. It's certainly nice to have that one focal point, but there are other ways to score a lot of goals as a team. We've proved that in the past that we didn't need a lot of goals from one man to win games.

It's not the end of the world if he hands in his transfer request IMO. £60 mil can go a long way to solving several problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back