Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't sell unless it's clear he's going to down tools if not. Irreplaceable at this point. Let's hope he sprains his ankle in trading prior to the Euros. Last thing we need is him winning the golden boot this summer.

I'd say it will be impossible to get anyone near as good as him
Very difficult. His record over several seasons is amazing considering his age.
He is a top draw striker.
He has played up front on his own and been quite isolated, but still scored loads.
He needs a top draw partner.

He will be missed, but he doesn't want to be here, so let him go take the money and re-invest. Heads been elsewhere since he publicly said he wanted to move.

Fantastic player when he's on his game.

He will be missed, but he doesn't want to be here, so let him go take the money and re-invest. Heads been elsewhere since he publicly said he wanted to move.

Just a shame hes not on his game near offen enough.

I know Lukaku has not been good lately but I'm putting that down to feeling undervalued by Martinez. I hope the new manager can convince him to stay. A player who can rattle up a tally like his for a bottom half club is too good to lose.
I hope he is scoring thirty goals next season for us rather than for one of our rivals.

The best striker we've had in over 25 years, huge miss if he goes

Said it before and quite happy to repeat, personally I am very, very confident that Rom will not be leaving in the summer and will certainly play the first half of next season with us if not the entire season.

Said it before and quite happy to repeat, personally I am very, very confident that Rom will not be leaving in the summer and will certainly play the first half of next season with us if not the entire season.
I like your confidence. I think it will depend on the manager we get.

When has he actually said he doesn't want to be here ?

I'll grant you he has said that he wants to play Champions League footie, but has he actually said, in no uncertain terms, that he doesn't want to be here ?

I like your confidence. I think it will depend on the manager we get.
I don't think will be quite as big a factor as many think...
Unless we appoint a complete plonker and then everyone would want out lol

And that just is not going to happen.
Forget and just ignore all the twaddle some of the press or media are peddling like Hughes, Moyes, Howe and Benitez, Mr.Moshiri is not going to go with mediocrity.

He is on a mission and that is quite simply glory... because that is the criteria that will attract and drive further major investment, a stadium build or re-build and massive increases in revenue streams across all areas of the club.

I don't think will be quite as big a factor as many think...
Unless we appoint a complete plonker and then everyone would want out lol

And that just is not going to happen.
Forget and just ignore all the twaddle some of the press or media are peddling like Hughes, Moyes, Howe and Benitez, Mr.Moshiri is not going to go with mediocrity.

He is on a mission and that is quite simply glory... because that is the criteria that will attract and drive further major investment, a stadium build or re-build and massive increases in revenue streams across all areas of the club.
I really do hope so. His agent is a worry though.

I really do hope so. His agent is a worry though.
Only if Rom doesn't or hasn't already told him to stfu.
At the end of the day, the agent can spout all he likes, but it's the player himself who signs... or not.
And whilst contracted, Rom would have to submit a transfer request and Everton could do as they did with Stones and reject it while talking to Rom about his future as a major part of the new Everton project.

When has he actually said he doesn't want to be here ?

I'll grant you he has said that he wants to play Champions League footie, but has he actually said, in no uncertain terms, that he doesn't want to be here ?

just typical evertonian negativeness to be honest. he's under contract at the end of the day, if we tell him he has to stay put, he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back