Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'll make it at that level tbh. Will be playing for a club similar to us by the time he's 26

Agree. Technique and application are two very big question marks.

I think he'll be a "top four" standard player for the rest of his career though.

love rom, but would take that for him, when you think you could get two £30m strikers for that with money left over (which is still more than what we paid for him anyway). Can we realistically attract a striker better than him? hmm, doubtful.

nobody will offer that much anyway.

Honest question....is Lukaku the best striker in Europe/The World?

If not then the answer to your question "could we realistically attract a striker better than him", is yes. Money talks and there's better strikers than him.

If not then the answer to your question "could we realistically attract a striker better than him", is yes. Money talks and there's better strikers than him.
How are we going to attract them here though if there is no Jose?

Just so tired of nobody telling his father to shut the hell up. My Lord, you're not his fn agent, shut up!

And him saying almost since he joined he can't wait to move on....I mean, I don't want him to fail but I certainly won't be rooting for him when he goes. I think he's going to be in for a very rude awakening upon other fans expecting a world class striker and seeing some of his touches..

Agree. Technique and application are two very big question marks.

I think he'll be a "top four" standard player for the rest of his career though.

His best bet is going to PSG i reckon. Ligue 1 is so terrible compared to them that he'll have absolutely no problems scoring, and that's exactly what he needs as i don't think he has the mental strength to overcome any substantial difficulties.

Still disagree mate...he was the lead striker in a team that still made a high number of chances. His misses especially in the semi were a disgrace for someone with such a high regard for his own ability

Fair enough, this would be no fun if we all agreed. He does miss quite a few simple chances but he does score goals.

Won't be sad at all if he goes. Lazy and underperforming during most of his games here after we bought him. Only in a handful of games did he reach the level he showed during his loan spell. Seems like a guy who never really cared about Everton, only furthering his own career. Good riddance. Hope his career goes into the toilet.

money does talk yes, but all the other clubs with lots of money are in a much better position than us.

he's possibly the best young striker in europe, but there are plenty better than him. all of which are already at better clubs than ourselves, we have to have a bit of success before money starts talking. City started off by not buying agueros and silvas, it was more benjanis and bianchis to start

He'll be boss wherever he goes. Massive gulf in class from him to any striker we've had for 30 years. Maybe ever in the modern game.
He has some weaknesses but they aren't huge enough to stop him being a top striker for a top club. Determined to be the best and works hard, loved watching him at his best

Are United gonna spend £65m on Lukaku when they have Rashford coming through, ok he's not proved over the time Lukaku has but I don't think they would pay anywhere near that type of money. Again it will depend on their manager too.

Are United gonna spend £65m on Lukaku when they have Rashford coming through, ok he's not proved over the time Lukaku has but I don't think they would pay anywhere near that type of money. Again it will depend on their manager too.
They are not in the CL. If we sell to them, or anyone not in the CL, we need to look at ourselves in the mirror as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back