Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out to Bill who insisted against a buyout clause when we signed him.

As for Rom, I've never liked him very much (well, except when he signed for us). I held my tongue when he was on form and I held my tongue after the semi because it was probably the worst game of his career. These past couple of months he hasn't looked bothered but then who has? His comments about having made a decision didn't particularly surprise me, I felt that he had disrespected his teammates a couple months ago when they were struggling and he was talking about CL football. Any respect I had for him went out the window earlier when I saw that he blamed his teammates for his form. 2 league goals this year you pleb and you time your comments for the day of the cup final. He's all yours Bayern Munich.

Totally understand the vitriol towards him as it's never nice for fans to hear stuff like this in the media.

BUT...

He's ambitious. We've always known this. It's our job now to convince him we share that ambition and he can achieve his goals with us. NSNO.

I hope he watched the final today, there but for the grace of Rom .....
Do your job and shut your gob

Lets just get him out the club as quickly as possible and for the right fee.

This isn't sour grapes, but I've never really took to him in the first place, so many aspects he's sh8te at.

Great player and a decent lad who has never pretended to be an Evertonian for popularity and has been honest about his ambitions. He's been ace for us and has proven beyond doubt now that he deserves to be playing CL football. Removing the blue-tinted spectacles for a second, there's no longer much if any reason to be here. Last year you could have said the talent's there, but a few more creases need ironing out before he leads the line of a CL side. Now, he's ready and we're not.

I believe he'd have stayed if we'd qualified. Around the time of the Palace and Newcastle games at the turn of the year when we could still have emerged as challengers, he was the most emotionally invested player in all of our games. Once it became clear we weren't going to make it I think he knew here wasn't where he'd fulfill his ambitions.

Thank Christ for Farhad or this summer would have been crushingly depressing ffs.

Great player and a decent lad who has never pretended to be an Evertonian for popularity and has been honest about his ambitions. He's been ace for us and has proven beyond doubt now that he deserves to be playing CL football. Removing the blue-tinted spectacles for a second, there's no longer much if any reason to be here. Last year you could have said the talent's there, but a few more creases need ironing out before he leads the line of a CL side. Now, he's ready and we're not.

I believe he'd have stayed if we'd qualified. Around the time of the Palace and Newcastle games at the turn of the year when we could still have emerged as challengers, he was the most emotionally invested player in all of our games. Once it became clear we weren't going to make it I think he knew here wasn't where he'd fulfill his ambitions.

Thank Christ for Farhad or this summer would have been crushingly depressing ffs.
"Great Player"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back