Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 25 goals all competitions but if he'd bothered to improve his first touch, hold up play, presence etc. in the last couple of years it should have been well over 30. I like him but he's anonymous too often which isn't so bad in a front two but we don't play that. You can't have games playing 4-2-3-0 we have no chance then.

I might get slated, but maybe even a Suarez
Apart from Suarez being a bad egg why would you get slated mate? He's the best striker in the world at the moment and if he hadn't played for the RS and didn't have the cheating or the mental streak I wouldn't mind seeing him at Everton. He's unplayable with fantastic technique and powerful finishing and vision.
But I don't think there's another Suarez in the world at the moment... Maybe that's a good thing

Apart from Suarez being a bad egg why would you get slated mate? He's the best striker in the world at the moment and if he hadn't played for the RS and didn't have the cheating or the mental streak I wouldn't mind seeing him at Everton. He's unplayable with fantastic technique and powerful finishing and vision.
But I don't think there's another Suarez in the world at the moment... Maybe that's a good thing
To praise any Liverpool player can result in abuse :-)

Suarez give them one final season that was outstanding, he give everything he had

Do you think Lukaku would give us the same...

Lukaku divides opinion, its clear. I like him. 25 goals etc. Plus I'd rather have him leading our line than our previous (and recent) strikers like Jelavic, Anichebe and Straq etc.
But... if he doesn't want to be here, he'll probably end up going. That said no player is bigger than the club and I'm sick of the comments coming out of his camp.
We hold the cards here though. 3 years left on his deal means that only a very big offer will prise him away, or he has to stay for at least one more year. So, tough!

Yeah, I love rom, he has the potential to be absolutely brilliant, but the key word is potential.

We've all seen the brilliance lukaku is capable of, and the stats really don't lie, 24 goals in one season is a sublime accomplishment in a struggling squad. However you have to look at it from both perspectives, he scored 24 but how many could he have scored? Two pen misses, a load of annonymous performances (although you can't single him out, as this was most of the team this season) says to me that he realised he'd done enough to get his move early doors and simply stopped giving 100%, not scoring since the quarter final is criminal for me!

It's been a breath of fresh air having genuine talent, yet I feel annoyed we've made him chase balls half the season and not play to his strengths, yet his off the field actions, are unacceptable and he clearly thinks he's bigger than the club, so we can't keep him, let's try and get as much money for him as possible (hopefully double our money) and try and keep him on foreign ground (I'm thinking psg).

Belgian star talking up himself while on International duty shocker.

Best we've had in a long long time , but that should not exonerate him from disrespecting the club thats paid his very hefty wage packet for the past 3 years.

Every time a player talks to the press about his "Next Move" should be fined a weeks wages, 2nd time 2 weeks wages etc.

I find it deeply disrespectful to the club and in particular the clubs fans that ANY player is allowed to get away with this.

Lukaku isnt even half way through a 5 year contract yet !!! The money from the fines would be better pooled among the accademy lads.

I don't blame him for wanting out. Signed on the premis of Champs League. That charlatan ensured that didn't happen. Personally would like him to stay but the money we will get will finance a sufficiently good replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back