Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. Let him go to France for a season or two, then start mouthing off how he wants to play in a big club in the Premier League.
Nah, he'll start to wilt under Parisian lights and become a bench warmer journeyman. Happened to a better player in Anelka.

Nah, he'll start to wilt under Parisian lights and become a bench warmer journeyman. Happened to a better player in Anelka.
I remember watching a programme about Anelka,well more about his brothers actually who were his agents,they constantly touted him around to line their pockets,it makes me wonder if thats the reason Roms father is always mouthing off

Why can't we do what United did with Rooney. Rooney handed in a transfer request talked to the rags about looking forward to a new experience, put on a City jersey bought a house closer to etihad then Ferguson got him in a room beat him senseless and he ended up signing a new contract with United.

Why can't we do what United did with Rooney. Rooney handed in a transfer request talked to the rags about looking forward to a new experience, put on a City jersey bought a house closer to etihad then Ferguson got him in a room beat him senseless and he ended up signing a new contract with United.
Probably because that would be considered assault mate.

Its all very odd.

Seems like he downed tools after his agent sorted out some offers for him.

But at the same time doesnt make sense as he could have been top scorer in the league and playing well gets him a bigger contract.

Good if we can keep him but £65mil buys Janssen and Milik and leaves another £30mil for a 3rd striker.

If I was him, I'd want nothing put the highest profile gig possible, as well as the most money possible.

Any of us in his shoes would want that. He is someone that even at his young age should be playing in the Champions League with a top side.

Sadly, we are not there. The funds we get from him and how we spend them will be crucial to our future.

If he does stay (which for me is nil % ATM), I personally would question his professional motivations. If it's bringing EFC to the top of the league and some sort of follow through is shown, then good on the lad for sticking with us. Sadly I highly doubt that is on his mind (frankly it wouldn't be on mine in his shoes).

If I was him, I'd want nothing put the highest profile gig possible, as well as the most money possible.

Any of us in his shoes would want that. He is someone that even at his young age should be playing in the Champions League with a top side.

Sadly, we are not there. The funds we get from him and how we spend them will be crucial to our future.

If he does stay (which for me is nil % ATM), I personally would question his professional motivations. If it's bringing EFC to the top of the league and some sort of follow through is shown, then good on the lad for sticking with us. Sadly I highly doubt that is on his mind (frankly it wouldn't be on mine in his shoes).
Having made my opinion clear, your thoughts on a sale to an non CL club or being Man Utd's feeders again if it means more money for us?

He is not as good as Rashford. Get rid and stop the deluded pratt messing up the team. Bob Latchford got 30 when the game was very defensive, the offside rule did not favour the forward, you could tackle and the ball did not swerve by itself. Lukaku has ruled out Italy because 'its harder to score goals' absolute wuss. Get rid.
At a similar age Rom scored 17 goals and 7 assists for a West Brom team that was a substantially worse quality than this United team and did it in not much more gametime (2248 mins vs 2101) than Rashford has scored his 8 senior goals and 2 assists. It included a hatrick in Fergie's last match.

Rashford looks very good but time will tell whether his mind and body can keep up with his excellent record over the past three months - Rom has stayed fit and maintained a very good scoring rate over four years which few strikers manage.

Paul, if you were offered the choice of Lukaku or Kane , would you pick Lukaku, I would pick Kane.

I say this know there is a good chance that Everton may well say that he is not for sale at any price as we did last season with John Stones.

Again, he was outscoring Kane for Everton with worse service and less pens until he hit 25 goals. Had the squad not downed tools, there's a real possibility he'd have been the top scorer in the country.

Scored the goals against Chelsea and decided he'd done enough.

None of us should ever have been in any doubt his aspirations were elsewhere, but it's a bit of a shame to finish up like this.

He is not as good as Rashford. Get rid and stop the deluded pratt messing up the team. Bob Latchford got 30 when the game was very defensive, the offside rule did not favour the forward, you could tackle and the ball did not swerve by itself. Lukaku has ruled out Italy because 'its harder to score goals' absolute wuss. Get rid.
Bob Latchford would have been bombed out of the club today. He was more idle than Lukaku, you would never see Latchford running outside the 18 yard box. He would never have got near 30 goals either playing the way we have this last two seasons. Latchford had Dave Thomas supplying him, what a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back