Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom could walk into most European sides, i think he will end up at Dortmund.

;)
Nah, think he'll stay in the premier league as he'll cost a bomb. Dortmund wont pay 50 mill for a player. Not too bothered either way. Easily our best striker in the last 20 years though

Nah, think he'll stay in the premier league as he'll cost a bomb. Dortmund wont pay 50 mill for a player. Not too bothered either way. Easily our best striker in the last 20 years though
Which CL club mate are we going to sell him to in the Premier League then?

If Lukaku ends up having the same career as Rooney he will have done very well.

Kane, I just think he is a really good player, I think he has a great attitude and is a real leader and team player.

Every time i watch Kane i end up thinking that he is everything Lukaku isn't, but i guess a lot of it is playing for a team you have loved all your life and that extra 10% is something i don't think Lukaku will ever have

If Lukaku ends up having the same career as Rooney he will have done very well.

Kane, I just think he is a really good player, I think he has a great attitude and is a real leader and team player.
And Rooney has been the victim of his own ability. Everyone knows he is brilliant, if he was left to be what used to be an inside forward he would be a world legend. He was never a winger or centre forward but Ferguson used him as a workhorse rather than building the team around him

The problem I foresee is that the club(s) he probably wants to go to won't be willing to meet our asking price.

So then it comes down to how much he tries to force the move and/or if he tries to drag it out until transfer deadline day so that we are 'forced' into accepting a bid lower than what we want to sell for. Or we could just do what we did with John Stones and tell him/them that he's staying put and that he's not for sale, effectively calling Lukaku's bluff.

That may be the case but to claim Rashford is better is honestly nonsense. So Rom isn't as good as past strikers because of the offside rule? Honestly?
Not because of the offside rule only. You are picking out a little bit of the post. Trust me, it is much easier to score goals these days, the rules and ball have been designed to enable that. And Rashford offers so much more to his game than Lukaku, as does Vardy. Do not believe his opinion of himself. He is not good enough to contribute anything but goals. The great strikers are much more than that.

Dunno. We might even dig our heels in and keep him here. Was surprised we got him in the first place to be honest
I've made my thoughts rather clear today with the news.

I'll say my bit one last time. If we sell to a non CL team or continue to be Manchester United's feeder club, I don't care how much money we have now...we are going nowhere without any backbone.

Tell Romelu to go and find a CL team that is willing to pay his fee. Otherwise, you can stay one more season of the 3 more you have left contractually.

If it's good enough for Liverpool and Suarez, then it's good enough for Everton.

Time to finally, after so long, show some spine.

That applies to supporters as well...

The problem I foresee is that the club(s) he probably wants to go to won't be willing to meet our asking price.

So then it comes down to how much he tries to force the move and/or if he tries to drag it out until transfer deadline day so that we are 'forced' into accepting a bid lower than what we want to sell for. Or we could just do what we did with John Stones and tell him/them that he's staying put and that he's not for sale, effectively calling Lukaku's bluff.
I cant see any of the prem CL qualifiers wanting him.

I've made my thoughts rather clear today with the news.
Like the bit about digging the heels in but if we got a good fee we could do better with the cash. We need to get a player who can work hard to set others up other than himself. I would only rate him a 6.5 out of ten in his role. He scores and that is it.

Every time i watch Kane i end up thinking that he is everything Lukaku isn't, but i guess a lot of it is playing for a team you have loved all your life and that extra 10% is something i don't think Lukaku will ever have
Sorry to be pedantic but Kane was an arsenal fan as a kid I think. Get your point though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back