Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when it comes to replacing Rom, we should look for a different mould of striker, maybe quicker and agile. Finding a direct replacement for one of the modern games footballing tanks will be difficult.

Will depend who the new manager is as to what sort of replacement we want/need

Personally I think we could do with selling all of the strikers at the club currently and replacing them all

all those things HAVE improved though... :Blink:

Like Stones you sense a lack of progression in terms of those little things that can be developed and take a player from being an ok player to a true superstar. I think most on here will put it down to a lack of coaching and whilst I agree with that to a large extent for me the real issue is the lack of direction on the field . Very rarely do you see any of the senior professionals talking one to one to the younger players during a game whereas during the England game on a couple of occasions you could seeCahill directing Stones and at one point Cahill shoved Stones into position.

People on here to a degree have failed to grasp just how much in the do do ,for all his faults, Everton would have been in season 2015/16 without RMs goals. Ok he could and should have scored more that's something that you have to tag every goal scorer with but here's a little fact for you since it started only 44 players on 75 occasions ( the likes of Shearer on 6 occasions and Cole and Ferdinand 3 times each) have ever scored more in the PL in a season than Lukaku did last season.

Now I am not suggesting he is anywhere near world class but bear in mind that Shearer didn't hit over 18 in a season till he reached the age of 23 /24 and by then he was playing in a title winning team.

i agree it will be hard to replace him but cant blame him for wanting to leave we as a team have had 2 terrible seasons while he had arguably his best he isnt a local lad and he can play champions league football realistically everyone would do the same thing just wish he had more respect for us in the media like stones etc

Some more quotes.

The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players it become difficult.

In my head I know where I want to go but I'm keeping that to myself. You will know when it is concluded. I have to make a good choice but in my head that has happened already.

Wherever I go I want to win prizes. During Leicester's title ceremony I was standing just 10 metres from the trophy. I just stared at it for two minutes, forgetting to get on with the warm-up. I thought to myself, I want that.

Annoying.

the clubs are going to have to pay 60-65m for him anyway, i'm sure someone will, but if they don't he's just going to have to get on with it.

I suspect we had some kind of 'gentleman's agreement' to let him move on if we didn't deliver CL football within two seasons. This is why he is talking so confidently about moving on as he feels the situation is one that Everton and well aware of. I think we should call his bluff by insisting we will only do business if clubs meet the valuation (£65m) and can offer CL. We wouldn't be reneging on our promise but effectively narrowing the field and ruling out Chelsea and ManU. With Arsenal and City so far showing no interest that will push him abroad.

I suspect we had some kind of 'gentleman's agreement' to let him move on if we didn't deliver CL football within two seasons. This is why he is talking so confidently about moving on as he feels the situation is one that Everton and well aware of. I think we should call his bluff by insisting we will only do business if clubs meet the valuation (£65m) and can offer CL. We wouldn't be reneging on our promise but effectively narrowing the field and ruling out Chelsea and ManU. With Arsenal and City so far showing no interest that will push him abroad.

No chance on earth mate, if their was an agreement they wouldn't be doing all this crap - dad, agent, player giving constant interviews to try sour any chance of him remaining at everton

Also any gentleman agreement would be utterly pointless anyway as we have a new owner who certainly would laugh off any suggestion of it

things can easily change, not guaranteed a club will come in for him or pay the fee we want

'the new manager and player investment means i am happy to stay and fight at everton'

future quote when lukaku doesnt leave

It's ok if we get 60m, nobody can argue with that. I'd sell him and Stones, 100m can buy us four or five really, really, REALLY good, proven players. Not interested in big mouthes who think they are too good for Everton. Sell, buy new players, move on and forget.

He think's he is going to Man Utd or Chelsea doesn't he? Non CL teams. Clearly wants to remain in England.
Do we have any backbone as a football club then?

I couldn't give a toss if he goes to a CL club or the SPL tbh. The only thing that should matter to us is the price - anybody who's willing to pay £60m+ can have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back