Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, we were the best option available to him when he signed 2 years ago. There were no affiliations or loyalties at play on his part at that point, just as there are none now.

Any top manager will have seen Mourinho moving him on as a red flag, even to this day.
De bruyne, mata, schurrle would all disagree with that red flag part

He is off, but we will make a big profit on the deal and that will take away some of the pain. He is young and scores goals, doesn't matter if he is lazy or goes missing, he scores goals. In a better team with a better manager he could be really special and I wish him luck.

My dream is that in 2 or 3 years time we will be able to keep hold of players of his calibre.

Lukaku's agent is doing what agents do best :-( Earn himself cash and get his client cash too :-( If Kenwright was still in charge things may not be as loud but due to the fact we've Moshiri as the main boss man, the agent is looking saying why is Lukaku on x amount per month when he should be on y? Lukaku's dad mouthing off in foreign papers, Lukaku always apparently when on international duty etc may be a small bit true but not 100% Maybe its belgian media saying Everton is a mid table average team in Premiership where one of their Star players is stuck so lets help his agent get him to a "big" team?

Lukaku deserves the fans support for what his done since he originally came on loan just in the same way Hibbert and Osman get support even though they've been average run of the mile players at best!

He'll get pay rise to stay in summer and then he'll be via his agent going on about the "project" for Everton to become the power of english football or if he goes he'll go for what we want or at worst under the "New Everton" we stick him in u12s team for his 3 years left and destroy his career for it as he'd get no international call ups etc and show everyone we're not this "non event" of a team who are nice to everyone

to be honest, without being biased, his best option would be to stay here one more year. He may end up regretting leave us not knowing we could be onto something big. I think as shown by his end of season form and the way he absolutely bottled the semi final, he's not good enough to be an automatic starter for champions league teams. He's champions league quality no doubt, but for most of the better teams (providing he wants to play in a good league) he would he rotated a bit. He's not really one for that, nor is he one to chase money.

His dad's a tit and his agent, well is the same sort of way - maybe they're just trying to do what's best for him, but playing for a better club doesn't necessarily mean it's the best move for your career. If he stuck around here another couple of years he could build such a big rep that he could move to a top top team and be their main striker.

He is off, but we will make a big profit on the deal and that will take away some of the pain. He is young and scores goals, doesn't matter if he is lazy or goes missing, he scores goals. In a better team with a better manager he could be really special and I wish him luck.

My dream is that in 2 or 3 years time we will be able to keep hold of players of his calibre.

I think at a better team he could actually do worse. He gets away with being sloppy at us, but that bad first touch and sloppy passing won't go down well at some of the big teams like PSG, Real Madrid, or where elese he thinks he's going.

Suarez scored 59 goals this year for barca - probably had as many chances as Lukaku but difference is he took them .. Bad touch and bad attitude coupled with nonsense his father is spouting is bad form .... You think Psg or Bayern would accept his Wembley performance.. Real simple answer - no. 65 million - good riddance

Suarez scored 59 goals this year for barca - probably had as many chances as Lukaku but difference is he took them .. Bad touch and bad attitude coupled with nonsense his father is spouting is bad form .... You think Psg or Bayern would accept his Wembley performance.. Real simple answer - no. 65 million - good riddance

You can't compare Lukaku with Suarez mate

He scored 25 goals all competitions but if he'd bothered to improve his first touch, hold up play, presence etc. in the last couple of years it should have been well over 30. I like him but he's anonymous too often which isn't so bad in a front two but we don't play that. You can't have games playing 4-2-3-0 we have no chance then.
all those things HAVE improved though... :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back