Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious agent indiced strategy to get him his move udnerway now, expect more of these types of interviews putting us and the rest of the team down in order to create a point of no return for him

All they are trying to do is get us to lower our demands to open up a bigger range of clubs for him to go to, and with that will come a bigger signing fee and better wages if the buyer gets him cheaper - thuis more agent commission

Ideal situation we go and buy a top class striker and whatever new manager comes in says to the press that Lukaku will have to fight for his place in the squad next season and isn't going anywhere, bloke good as he is has constantly ran away from any form of competition - first chelsea - not willing to try to fight his way intot he squad, then all the soundbites from his dad/agent and him are about wanting to go to a big team as the undisputed number 1 striker, needs a reality check as truly top sides demand competition for every place and if he hasn't got that part to him - then all he will ever become is a striekr who bags 15-20 goals a season in a side where he is the big fish.

Say he goes to Chelsea and they sell Costa, yeah he will be number 1, say they dont win the league, next season they are equally likely to go aout and spend 50m on another top striker - and how will he handle competition in that scenario?

I think what they havent realised is that whilst Man United and others will put up with these actions (rooney post ferguson) as a club our fanbase would turn on him leaving him with no way back. This cuts off a new improved deal.

Also we dont sell cheap and now have money so again we have no need to sell cheaply.

The agent should have a word with Elstone and have lukalu submit a formal transfer request as otherwise he will need to wait for a managerial change.

Shocking!!!ferguson would never be involved with anything like that where Stretford and Rooney were concerned!!! Would he? Or get Walter Smith involved?

Oh aye - it's pot calling the kettle black mate, but if an agent will do that to Ferguson and United then sure as [Poor language removed] they won't waste a moment using it here as well

I think what they havent realised is that whilst Man United and others will put up with these actions (rooney post ferguson) as a club our fanbase would turn on him leaving him with no way back. This cuts off a new improved deal.

Also we dont sell cheap and now have money so again we have no need to sell cheaply.

The agent should have a word with Elstone and have lukalu submit a formal transfer request as otherwise he will need to wait for a managerial change.

No chance mate, formal request he will lose his loyalty bonus and Riaola is all about getting the most money for his client and really himself as he can do

They don't want a new contract, Riaola wants him at a club he likes to deal with and one that will just stupidly pay through the nose to icnrease his slice of it all.

Lukaku unless Moshiri really is adamant about not letting any player dictate is 100% gone now - he's starting to seem more sterling than Suarez they way he is trying to get his move really

Problem is mate, seen those two Dutch lads goals, and yeah impressive enough totals, but the standard of keeping and the standard of defending when watching their youtube goals collections is attrocious

Tim Howard would have saved most of those goals they both scored, out fo a combined 50-60 goals i watched only about 6-7 of them you could call great finsihes, the rest where shots you'd expect any bread and butter keeper to stop

Been some absolutely and utterly shocking buys from Holland of players with better scoring rates than those two, who either flopped or never got close to being anywhere near a prolific as they appeared in Holland

Don't get me wrong - both or one could go onto being something good, but neither looks to have that class that stands out - RVN had it so did Van Basten, these two just look more a level with

Alfonso Alves
Kezman
Kuyt
Jan Vannegoor of Hesselink
and who can forget the enigma that is Babel

and thats not mentioning players like Wijnaldum, Depay and a few others who look like money wasted - fair enough neither is a striekr but they where both pretty prolific attacking mids who have flopped

Milik gets very good press and people here really rate him plus he has a good record for poland. Im not his biggest fan but with every foreigner theyre a gamble to some extent.

Janssen i totallt disagree on. Take a look on youtube (yes i know!) and look at some of the angles he shoots from and the power behind the shots. I said a few months ago he looked like Van Nistelrooy and based that not only on his goals but on the positions he gets into, lukaku doesnt "go for it" and dive into the 6 yard box to score....janssen does. He can also pass the ball and hold it up very well indeed

He is going to be Hollands top striker for the next decade and if we get FDB we need to sign him at all costs as well as Bazoer who is like an older Tom Davies it seems (all action and clever).

Janssen plays for AZ and unlike a few years ago they arent spending crazy money anymore....

All 3 are achievable targets and we should get them with the lukaku money.

If im honest i think Janssen will be better for us than Lukaku (which is a massive statement) and Bazoer with Davies in a couple of seasons could be electric.

Both could be Madrid players in 3 years time. Thats how highly i rate them.

No chance mate, formal request he will lose his loyalty bonus and Riaola is all about getting the most money for his client and really himself as he can do

They don't want a new contract, Riaola wants him at a club he likes to deal with and one that will just stupidly pay through the nose to icnrease his slice of it all.

Lukaku unless Moshiri really is adamant about not letting any player dictate is 100% gone now - he's starting to seem more sterling than Suarez they way he is trying to get his move really
Lukaku and loyalty don't really ever belong in the same sentence

Problem is mate, seen those two Dutch lads goals, and yeah impressive enough totals, but the standard of keeping and the standard of defending when watching their youtube goals collections is attrocious

Tim Howard would have saved most of those goals they both scored, out fo a combined 50-60 goals i watched only about 6-7 of them you could call great finsihes, the rest where shots you'd expect any bread and butter keeper to stop

Been some absolutely and utterly shocking buys from Holland of players with better scoring rates than those two, who either flopped or never got close to being anywhere near a prolific as they appeared in Holland

Don't get me wrong - both or one could go onto being something good, but neither looks to have that class that stands out - RVN had it so did Van Basten, these two just look more a level with

Alfonso Alves
Kezman
Kuyt
Jan Vannegoor of Hesselink
and who can forget the enigma that is Babel

and thats not mentioning players like Wijnaldum, Depay and a few others who look like money wasted - fair enough neither is a striekr but they where both pretty prolific attacking mids who have flopped

Another bold statement....i think Depay under a FDB system at LW would be a different player.

Would be a good signing for us but not for LVG or mourinho....needs to have a role like deulofeu with defensive minded players covering him.

Absolutely mate. I agree with you totally. Our relationship with RL has been on the wane since he got inolved with this agent. I think his first comment was he would not have let RL sign current deal if he had been his agent at the time. They are all on the make. They will turn every club over to get more £ etc. for client and therefore them selves. My thing with Lukaku and any player to be honest is that there are acceptable ways of moving on and tacky ways of moving on. Ways to show a bit of respect for current club (and its fans) while showing professional ambition and considering "bettering" oneself professionally which everyone is entitled to do. RL, having talked a good talk when he came to us has been much more at the other end of the scale and although he is clearly a talent and has scored a lot for us he also leaves quite a lot to be desired in terms of his all round game and in the effort department which loses a lot of brownie points with me. Losing a lot of his humility which he showed early on and which was an attractive quality in my book. Casting aspersions at team mates also has some basis in fact but sort of misses the point in terms of showing a bit of respect in what is a team game. Not many of his goals were single handed efforts.....poor team mates then too?

Sorry lads, all that was to Bluestevon. Don't know what happened to reply button!!!

We dont know either way.

But i think his agent will act the way he does whatever the situation. Hes done it with pogba as well despite pogba staying at Juve.

To change the narrative a bit to a very impossible situation. What would happen if we bid £100mil for Pogba and offered him massive money + did the same with a couple of other megastars who happened to habe raiola as an agent.

Would he then encourage lukaku to stay and the others to join based upon the huge commissions he would make OR would he advise them to go elsewhere?

What did Mourinho say about him ? " He talks a lot ". Had him Sussed, by the look of things.
Lukaku joined the Toffees in a surprise season-long deal on transfer deadline day and has proved an instant hit at Goodison Park.

But following comments from the Belgian this week that Mourinho has not contacted him to check on his progress, the Chelsea boss has hit back at Lukaku and warned him to watch his words.

‘Romelu likes to speak. He is a young boy and he likes to speak,’ said Mourinho in today’s pre-match press conference.

‘But the only thing he didn’t say was why he went to Everton on loan, that’s the only thing he never says.

‘My last contact with him was to tell him exactly that. “Why do you never say why you are not here?”

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/29/jose-...alkative-romelu-lukaku-4207287/#ixzz49OekDbRP

Lukaku needs to stop thinking he's a bigger player than he is. Where exactly does he think he's going to go?. He pi**es me off sometimes.

Let's be honest, we were the best option available to him when he signed 2 years ago. There were no affiliations or loyalties at play on his part at that point, just as there are none now.

Any top manager will have seen Mourinho moving him on as a red flag, even to this day.

Tbh lukaku like us fans got promised of champions league football it hasn't materialised , lukaku should of just kept quiet about it instead of mouthing off showing no respect towards us fans or the club and spoke to the club discreetly about it - times are changing for the better at our beloved club - his loss not ours !

Lukaku's agent is doing what agents do best :-( Earn himself cash and get his client cash too :-( If Kenwright was still in charge things may not be as loud but due to the fact we've Moshiri as the main boss man, the agent is looking saying why is Lukaku on x amount per month when he should be on y? Lukaku's dad mouthing off in foreign papers, Lukaku always apparently when on international duty etc may be a small bit true but not 100% Maybe its belgian media saying Everton is a mid table average team in Premiership where one of their Star players is stuck so lets help his agent get him to a "big" team?

Lukaku deserves the fans support for what his done since he originally came on loan just in the same way Hibbert and Osman get support even though they've been average run of the mile players at best!

He'll get pay rise to stay in summer and then he'll be via his agent going on about the "project" for Everton to become the power of english football or if he goes he'll go for what we want or at worst under the "New Everton" we stick him in u12s team for his 3 years left and destroy his career for it as he'd get no international call ups etc and show everyone we're not this "non event" of a team who are nice to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back