Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are either getting the money that we want for him or he's not going anywhere. I'd prefer us selling him at this point tbf

This my feeling in a way too. He's got 3 years left on his current deal. All this 'talk' should go on behind closed doors (as far as is possible). I know it's the media's job to ask the questions and get the scoops etc, but whatever happened to professionalism and common respect. Rom is doing my head in touting himself around like this. He's good but not yet as good as he thinks.

Come the 31/7/2017 in respect of RL and 6/8/2017 in respect of JS both players are able to give notice using the Webster ruling (article 17)to Everton and in effect walk away for a years salary by way of compensation opposed to hefty transfer fees. So what's than £3 million for Lukaku and £1 and bit million for Stones. The clubs position is fast deteriorating

Both players agents will know that they can threaten to invoke the Webster ruling and as is often the case the threat alone is enough to force the clubs hand. I know this is about RL but players and agents talk and if and a big if Everton refuse to sale both players either in the summer or winter Windows be prepared to take a massive financial hit.

That's the thing it's on our terms not his, his agent or dad's.

Yup. Nobody's forced him to sign a 5 year contract.

I think he genuinely believes that all the top clubs want him and that he'll have no problems getting games there. But in reality if he plays like he's been playing since that Chelsea game he'll be warming the bench in no time at any of the top clubs.

Yup. Nobody's forced him to sign a 5 year old contract.

I think he genuinely believes that all the top clubs want him and that he'll have no problems getting games there. But in reality if he plays like he's been playing since that Chelsea game he'll be warming the bench in no time at any of the top clubs.
Yip planks for feet

Woth a price tag of £50 million jow many teams could afford to buy him? Outside of the top 4 or 5 in England maybe 3 European clubs, out of the English teams City I cant see wanting him, Wenger is reluctant to spend massive amounts so that leaves United and Chelsea European maybe Madrid,Barca and PSG the first to i dont think he would get near and in my eyes a change to the French league is a step down

The club should just wait to see if any offers come in. Rom hasn't exactly put himself in the shop window and I can't see any
prominent CL qualifiers taking any real interest, given his recent form.

I'd like him to stay, but not if he really wants to go. I would only listen to serious offers, even then.

I reckon there's a significant gap between the fee Everton want and the numbers his agent will have been touting around Europe.

This will end up getting nasty.

Come the 31/7/2017 in respect of RL and 6/8/2017 in respect of JS both players are able to give notice using the Webster ruling (article 17)to Everton and in effect walk away for a years salary by way of compensation opposed to hefty transfer fees. So what's than £3 million for Lukaku and £1 and bit million for Stones. The clubs position is fast deteriorating

Both players agents will know that they can threaten to invoke the Webster ruling and as is often the case the threat alone is enough to force the clubs hand. I know this is about RL but players and agents talk and if and a big if Everton refuse to sale both players either in the summer or winter Windows be prepared to take a massive financial hit.
I didn't know this. So , I see how it could be a problem. I'm not aware of anybody (premier league wise) thats invoked this Rule. Its pretty drastic action from a player and, in my view, doesn't portray a player doing that in such a good light. That may not matter to the player at the time but reputationally its not good. But yes, it may be a contributory factor and force us to sell this summer. In which case we get as much as we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back