Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to be very limited on the clubs who are willing to pay what we will want and that 3 year contract means he is putting himself in a bad position with all these dumb comments in interviews.

Only club possibly in England is Chelsea but goes against everything he has said about champions league is a must and would show he's simply chasing the club name again, City wont go near him with pep in charge, Utd with Mourinho i just can't see them going for someone who is still very raw and not shown anything during the big occasions as of yet, they need someone who is going to get them back into the top 2/3 and Lukaku's all round game is still far to raw for what Mourinho wants from a striker. Then there is Arsenal who just wouldn't even contemplate paying that kind of money.

Bayern if they keep Lewandowski won't need him, Dortmund i'd be shocked if they were open to paying a ridiculous fee unless Aubameyang is snatched away, Juventus could be a possibility but again they prefer lower fee's the rest of the italian clubs it's highly doubtful and then in spain Barca and Madrid won't go after him and i don't think he would suit atletico's work rate just like Martinez didn't after signing last summer.

Forgot to add the most realistic place would be PSG, only genuine team that fits the bill.

Really difficult to see where he will end up considering we really don't need to sell this year due to his contract length allowing us to hold out.

Last edited:
First we have to get a new manager, until that happens nothing will happen with Lukaku as it will be his call. If he thinks selling if it benefits us, because he doesn't fancy Lukaku or can do better with the money then im not going to lose sleep over it.

He is going to be very limited on the clubs who are willing to pay what we will want and that 3 year contract means he is putting himself in a bad position with all these dumb comments in interviews.

Only club possibly in England is Chelsea but goes against everything he has said about champions league is a must and would show he's simply chasing the club name again, City wont go near him with pep in charge, Utd with Mourinho i just can't see them going for someone who is still very raw and not shown anything during the big occasions as of yet, they need someone who is going to get them back into the top 2/3 and Lukaku's all round game is still far to raw for what Mourinho wants from a striker. Then there is Arsenal who just wouldn't even contemplate paying that kind of money.

Bayern if they keep Lewandowski won't need him, Dortmund i'd be shocked if they were open to paying a ridiculous fee unless Aubameyang is snatched away, Juventus could be a possibility but again they prefer lower fee's the rest of the italian clubs it's highly doubtful and then in spain Barca and Madrid won't go after him and i don't think he would suit atletico's work rate just like Martinez didn't even signing last summer.

Really difficult to see where he will end up considering we really don't need to sell this year due to his contract length allowing us to hold out.

Great post that, the last line nails it, with his contract we can just say no, like we have been doing recently, such as with Stones, his dad can make all the noises he likes but we really do hold all the cards. With the price we are asking its a bit of a risk as well, for 60 big ones you want a finished article, which he isnt.

I would like to see Moshiri convince him of our intent to get Champ League and stay another season.
I also thought Moshiri would have already had a replacement lined up to replace Martinez.

All this non action is worrying really as it unsettles the players. If we had a big name manager in now with a budget
and a plan to buy and compete it would signal intent. I am thinking Moyes is about to make a return 100 million to spend is nothing these days
all Moshiri has done so far is to say the money will be available, if so, all it does is put us on an even standing with 15 other clubs who will spend the same.

Bill will be looking for a safe pair of hands going to be an interesting watch

I would like to see Moshiri convince him of our intent to get Champ League and stay another season.
I also thought Moshiri would have already had a replacement lined up to replace Martinez.

All this non action is worrying really as it unsettles the players. If we had a big name manager in now with a budget
and a plan to buy and compete it would signal intent. I am thinking Moyes is about to make a return 100 million to spend is nothing these days
all Moshiri has done so far is to say the money will be available, if so, all it does is put us on an even standing with 15 other clubs who will spend the same.

Bill will be looking for a safe pair of hands going to be an interesting watch

Forget kenwright.

Remember that FDB is currently in china.
Remember Emery has a cup final still.

Could be that someone has been appointed already but were waiting on something to have the contract signed.

Moshiri may have sevwral managrs in mind but until now he hasnt been able to sign one off.

Also may want to appoint a DOF so needs to ensure both can work together...

Obvious agent indiced strategy to get him his move udnerway now, expect more of these types of interviews putting us and the rest of the team down in order to create a point of no return for him

All they are trying to do is get us to lower our demands to open up a bigger range of clubs for him to go to, and with that will come a bigger signing fee and better wages if the buyer gets him cheaper - thuis more agent commission

Ideal situation we go and buy a top class striker and whatever new manager comes in says to the press that Lukaku will have to fight for his place in the squad next season and isn't going anywhere, bloke good as he is has constantly ran away from any form of competition - first chelsea - not willing to try to fight his way intot he squad, then all the soundbites from his dad/agent and him are about wanting to go to a big team as the undisputed number 1 striker, needs a reality check as truly top sides demand competition for every place and if he hasn't got that part to him - then all he will ever become is a striekr who bags 15-20 goals a season in a side where he is the big fish.

Say he goes to Chelsea and they sell Costa, yeah he will be number 1, say they dont win the league, next season they are equally likely to go aout and spend 50m on another top striker - and how will he handle competition in that scenario?

1-- Offer him a big contract
2-- Get in a top manager
3-- Sign top players

Then he still stays.

4-- Sell for £65mil and sign Milik, Janssen and Bazoer and still have cash over.

The disappointing thing is that now we dont need to sell.

If it was me id have already done what arsenal have done with xhaka and agreed a couple of big moved already.

Either way we need to make some signings before the Euros.

What did Mourinho say about him ? " He talks a lot ". Had him Sussed, by the look of things.

From Ferguson about Lukaku's agent

In his new book "Leading," Ferguson wrote: "There are one or two football agents I simply do not like. And Mino Raiola, Paul Pogba's agent, is one of them.

"I distrusted him from the moment I met him. He became Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent while he was playing for Ajax, and eventually he would end up representing Pogba, who was only 18 years old at the time.

"We had Paul under a three-year contract, and it had a one-year renewal option which we were eager to sign. But Raiola suddenly appeared on the scene and our first meeting was a fiasco.

"He and I were like oil and water. From then on, our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to ingratiate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus."

Last bit in partiicular sounds VERY familiar indeed, can't remember hearing anythign from Lukakus dad until last season EVER

I didn't know this. So , I see how it could be a problem. I'm not aware of anybody (premier league wise) thats invoked this Rule. Its pretty drastic action from a player and, in my view, doesn't portray a player doing that in such a good light. That may not matter to the player at the time but reputationally its not good. But yes, it may be a contributory factor and force us to sell this summer. In which case we get as much as we can!

There have been several players that have indeed walked out by invoking this rule Gutarez at Newcastle for one. The reality is that it's a players " get out of jail card" in that you don't have to use the ruling you just have to threaten its use. The rumour is that several players including Lampard and indeed Rooney have managed to get huge new contracts by threatening it's use and Sterling likewise was talking of it's use. Clubs won't want to wash their dirty linen as it were in public so we have no idea how many moves have been forced through in such a way but I am under no illusion agents wont invoke it's possible use for fear of bad press.

From Ferguson about Lukaku's agent

In his new book "Leading," Ferguson wrote: "There are one or two football agents I simply do not like. And Mino Raiola, Paul Pogba's agent, is one of them.

"I distrusted him from the moment I met him. He became Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent while he was playing for Ajax, and eventually he would end up representing Pogba, who was only 18 years old at the time.

"We had Paul under a three-year contract, and it had a one-year renewal option which we were eager to sign. But Raiola suddenly appeared on the scene and our first meeting was a fiasco.

"He and I were like oil and water. From then on, our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to ingratiate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus."

Last bit in partiicular sounds VERY familiar indeed, can't remember hearing anythign from Lukakus dad until last season EVER
Shocking!!!ferguson would never be involved with anything like that where Stretford and Rooney were concerned!!! Would he? Or get Walter Smith involved?

1-- Offer him a big contract
2-- Get in a top manager
3-- Sign top players

Then he still stays.

4-- Sell for £65mil and sign Milik, Janssen and Bazoer and still have cash over.

The disappointing thing is that now we dont need to sell.

If it was me id have already done what arsenal have done with xhaka and agreed a couple of big moved already.

Either way we need to make some signings before the Euros.

Problem is mate, seen those two Dutch lads goals, and yeah impressive enough totals, but the standard of keeping and the standard of defending when watching their youtube goals collections is attrocious

Tim Howard would have saved most of those goals they both scored, out fo a combined 50-60 goals i watched only about 6-7 of them you could call great finsihes, the rest where shots you'd expect any bread and butter keeper to stop

Been some absolutely and utterly shocking buys from Holland of players with better scoring rates than those two, who either flopped or never got close to being anywhere near a prolific as they appeared in Holland

Don't get me wrong - both or one could go onto being something good, but neither looks to have that class that stands out - RVN had it so did Van Basten, these two just look more a level with

Alfonso Alves
Kezman
Kuyt
Jan Vannegoor of Hesselink
and who can forget the enigma that is Babel

and thats not mentioning players like Wijnaldum, Depay and a few others who look like money wasted - fair enough neither is a striekr but they where both pretty prolific attacking mids who have flopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back