Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny sounding apology. "I've decided where I want to go next. In my head that's already done"
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him whatsoever, I said I want him out, too much of a bad apple. But I read this on Sky sports this morning

Lukaku said: "The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players, it become difficult."

And I wondered if this is his sly way of beginning to apologise. Even if it was, I still wouldn't want him, he's made his bed.

He's gone and we will get a fat fee, it's modern football and no-one could reasonably expect him to want to stay another season when the top European clubs come knocking.

Everton need to build towards becoming a top club onceagain, if Moshiri is the right man we have half a chance but holding onto players like Lukaku and Stones is not the way to go, if they want off let them go. Atleast we can now use the proceeds instead of paying off the bank.

Lukaku hints Martinez lost players’ support, by GrandOldTeam

rom-150x150.png

Romelu Lukaku has hinted Roberto Martinez lost the support of the players before being sacked.

Lukaku: “The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players, it become difficult”

Lukaku also reaffirmed that he has “already made a decision” about where he will be playing his football next season, after his dad said Everton value the striker at £65m.

Lukaku: “In my head, I know where I want to go but I’m keeping that to myself.

“You will know when it is concluded. I have to make a good choice but in my head that has happened already.

“I have played in England for five years now, it’s my league. But there are other nice clubs. I follow Spanish and German football and I also have something for the Italian league.

“Wherever I go, I want to win prizes. During Leicester’s title ceremony, I was standing just 10 metres from the trophy. I just stared at it for two minutes, forgetting to get on with the warm-up. I thought to myself, I want that.”

The post Lukaku hints Martinez lost players’ support appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

i think that top part was pretty obvious to anyone. The way he says that means he won't be going back to chelsea ... because of the way they left mourinho to hang a dry in similar circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him whatsoever, I said I want him out, too much of a bad apple. But I read this on Sky sports this morning

Lukaku said: "The team did not perform at all. We won two of our last 11 games. When things are broken between the manager and the players, it become difficult."

And I wondered if this is his sly way of beginning to apologise. Even if it was, I still wouldn't want him, he's made his bed.
If that was the start of an apology, you wouldn't follow it with the bit I quoted.

He was like this at Chelsea, which obviously annoyed Mourinho to the point where he said

“Romelu likes to speak,” Mourinho said. “He’s a young boy who likes to speak".

As long as we get the right fee for him then im fine. Its not as if we are losing a Suarez, Aguero etc. Yes he scores goals but his work rate is awful, his touch is worse, his hold up play needs lots of work and for his size he gets bullied off the ball far to easily.

If we can get 2 forwards who have a better all round game or who complement each other then we will be better off. Rom will only thrive at certain teams/leagues as he isnt that good-even his father knows this as he doesnt want him in italy due to the defensive strength. He will be great at PSG

Don't take things personally, he just says out loud what 99% of our players are thinking.

Although I believe it to be unprofessional, I totally agree. As a generalization: young/talented/ambitious strikers are self-centered - and Rom yapping to the media is just an extension of that. He's got the freedom to do what he wants and play for who he wants so good luck to him, If I had his talent i'd want to leave to play champions league football as well.

For the record folks: He'll go to Juve

Every time he talks about his desire to move elsewhere he just becomes more expensive for his new club. He's still contracted to us, and if he wants to move so badly, and has a target in mind then he's helping our negotiating hand with every word. Carry on Rom.

Don't get your hopes up mate, because they may be dashed

I'm very much going to wait and see, but I don't see things changing overnight

Kenwright may not be in sole control anymore, but he will still have influence over things

Maybe mate, but honesly think Kenwright hasn't got any genuine influence anymore (real influence anyway) and what little remains is fading by the day.

Time will show us though, think we both hope i am correct though on this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back