Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored goals with a poor creative midfield his goal tally and oh two missed pens, he sometimes created our goals from nothing not simple tap ins- yes he has weaknesses in his game but he is still young find me a replacement as good as him at that age?????
Like him or loathe him he will one day be a beast of a centre foreward in a good team will score more, RM should have been sacked after the Derby, to give us time to get a new Manager in as that performance it was embarrassing team selection before a final the performance our under 21s could have done better!

1. griezmann
2. lacazette
3. aubamayeng
4. gabbiadini
5. berardi
6. icardi
7. embolo
8. insigne
9. gamerio
10. bakambu
11. batshuayi

That would be ideal, but I firmly believe that almost no one will be looking at paying more £40m for him.
His market value in todays mad market is way more than that, given his record and his age.

He'll go for somewhere between £56m - £65m imo.

There'll be competition for him aswell, as there's a few interested in taking him - and he patently knows it - which makes our position much stronger.

Ive said it few times, but a forward is only as good as the service he gets. Latchford wouldnt have scored as many as he did without Dave Thomas. Sharpe and Gray without Sheedy and Steven. Latchford workrate was zero outside the box. I for one will be gutted when Rom goes, theres potential there and would live for him to stay.

with the tv money it seems clubs have an extra 90 mil for doing absolutely nowt

if one club decides they want to spent their "free" 65 mil portion of that on lukaku then it seems plausible no?

prices are going to be ridiculous this summer thats for sure
Having watched him play for three years now, I will be stunned if he's about to become one of the top five most expensive footballers in history.

His market value in todays mad market is way more than that, given his record and his age.

There'll be competition for him aswell, as there's a few interested in taking him - and he patently knows it - which makes our position much stronger.
Hopefully you're right, but I don't think he'd be as vocal as he's being at the moment if he knew it was all cut and dry.

I'm fully expecting this to turn nasty.

Yep, I'd love that too but financially it wouldn't be right for the club.

I wonder if his reported statement this morning about RM losing the dressing room is the beginning of an apology.
It could lead onto something like 'I'm staying and all the talk of me wanting to leave was just frustration'.

He will have to eat a giant slice of humble pie if that is the case and even if he did apologise I'm not sure I want him now, frustrated or not, too much of a bad apple for me. I'd rather do without his goals if it meant having harmony in the dressing room, ask Leicester.

It's not just a case of the finacial implications for as I pointed out yesterday he is just one season away from being able to walk away using the Webster ruling but if he were to be banished from the first team at the end of a season if he doesn't play in 10% of first team games he can just say I am off and the contract is automatically cancelled.

Who do you reckon are going to be interested in him and pay that priceFLHD?

If your partner was always grumbling and saying she wants go out with her mates all the time and can't be bothered with you anymore, no matter how much you still fancied her you could only stand it for so long. Then if some big flash guy with loads of dosh wanted to take her off your hands and offered you a load of cash for doing so, you'd surely get shut of her and snap his hand off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back