Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting bitter or wound up by the comments needs to give their head a shake. It was gonna happen - it isn't unexpected.

He scored 25 goals this season - and improved his all-round game a lot. We finished 12th, and although in the last 10 games he was dire, the first two thirds of the season he was unplayable at times.

Now we've got fans slating the lad who, even though it's the wrong thing to say, is clearly just ambitious. Forgive and forget.

If he goes, which looks very likely, we get a hefty sum and the new manager will have all of it to spend. Rom's been here for three years in total and I can safely say he's the best striker I've seen in an Everton shirt.

I am sorry that this is the case (bolded bit). I was fortunate enough to see Sharp, Gray, Lineker, Ferguson and Rooney play for us.

Lukaku is a very good striker but he completely failed in both the Etihad semi and at Wembley where he was utterly abysmal.
Another player who bagged loads of goals but went missing when it really mattered at the business end of tournaments was Tony Cottee. He scored loads of goals too.
Lukaku may well go on and be one of the best players in Europe, but I am really not sure if he has the application and skill set to be consistent enough.

I am sorry that this is the case (bolded bit). I was fortunate enough to see Sharp, Gray, Lineker, Ferguson and Rooney play for us.

Lukaku is a very good striker but he completely failed in both the Etihad semi and at Wembley where he was utterly abysmal.
Another player who bagged loads of goals but went missing when it really mattered at the business end of tournaments was Tony Cottee. He scored loads of goals too.
Lukaku may well go on and be one of the best players in Europe, but I am really not sure if he has the application and skill set to be consistent enough.

As a pure goalscorer - Lineker for me was clearly a mile better

As an all around centre forward Sharp was on a different planet to the both of them, still one of my all time favourite Everton players (despite the panda wierdness)

He's been a big fish in a small pond here. It would be interesting to see how his ego would cope being just another player at an 'elite' club because lets be honest, he goes on one of his 5-6 game goaless spells where he can't be bother to run and he'll be dropped. We afforded him the chance to play through poor form, at a top level club they'll just bench him. His ego won't like that.

As a pure goalscorer - Lineker for me was clearly a mile better

As an all around centre forward Sharp was on a different planet to the both of them, still one of my all time favourite Everton players (despite the panda wierdness)
Lineker has had a clear run in on goal in an FA cup final at Wembley for us..

Ended a bit better than Roms attempt in the semi didn't it.

Lineker has had a clear run in on goal in an FA cup final at Wembley for us..

Ended a bit better than Roms attempt in the semi didn't it.

I've got the point that if Rom does go, then so be it now, get the best price we can for him and spend that money on players the new manger knows will bust their guts to make us the best we can be, moment someone starts thinking and acting like they are bigger and better than the club is the moment they can do one for me.

He had the chance to sit, wait and not rock the boat till we get the new manager in, have a sit down with him and the owner and then decide, instead he is just taking the opportunity of the club being managerless and prior to that having a very weak manager to sound off to the media, gone massively down in my estimation

I've got the point that if Rom does go, then so be it now, get the best price we can for him and spend that money on players the new manger knows will bust their guts to make us the best we can be, moment someone starts thinking and acting like they are bigger and better than the club is the moment they can do one for me.

He had the chance to sit, wait and not rock the boat till we get the new manager in, have a sit down with him and the owner and then decide, instead he is just taking the opportunity of the club being managerless and prior to that having a very weak manager to sound off to the media, gone massively down in my estimation
Belgians innit.

Fellainis dad piped up as well didn't he..

I agree as well with your " gone down in my estimation ".

He will struggle to fit back in now unless he clears it up correctly.. Well and truly pissed on his chips.

Absolutely no need for the downright disrespectful comments he's come out with recently. I hope Emery comes in and gives the utter helmet an absolute bollocking. His time is up, and it'll be very satisfying to see him flopping wherever he goes - and he will.

#LukakuOUT

Reactions: Sy-
He really does need to learn to keep his mouth shut as soon as he gets the other side of the Channel! I suspect he's going nowhere until the new manager is appointed, then if he does go with the new man's blessing it'll cost someone an awful lot of money, and then may be we buy someone (or two!) who turns up when it really matters (semi finals of FA Cups!) and not when it suits him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back