Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously his recent comments from Rom are slightly crass, but let's be honest, he's not saying anything we didn't already know or expect.

Also, for all the proverbial knives people are now pulling out, he is quite clearly one of the best young strikers we've had in a long long time.

Yes you can question his attitude as of late, which is another matter entirely, however in our position it's unrealistic to expect him to stay.

Let's just enjoy the time we've had him for, wish him well for the future and reinvest substantial money we're going to obtain from his sale wisely.

In the end, we've got to many other issues to be concerned rather than moaning about his immaturity; such as only having Niasse and Kone.

The lad clearly sees his future away from Everton. If the figures being reported are true (50-60 mill) then we would be crazy to try and keep him!! Not denying he is as good as any striker in the world on his day but no player is bigger than the club!! Double our money on him and re-invest in two new strikers with it. Thanks for the memories Rom!

Obviously his recent comments from Rom are slightly crass, but let's be honest, he's not saying anything we didn't already know or expect.

Also, for all the proverbial knives people are now pulling out, he is quite clearly one of the best young strikers we've had in a long long time.

Yes you can question his attitude as of late, which is another matter entirely, however in our position it's unrealistic to expect him to stay.

Let's just enjoy the time we've had him for, wish him well for the future and reinvest substantial money we're going to obtain from his sale wisely.

In the end, we've got to many other issues to be concerned rather than moaning about his immaturity; such as only having Niasse and Kone.

spot on

I think you'll find that the vast majority of people who are a success in their chosen field are the same, mate
Probably are in most ways just dont get the way needs tocry to his dada or disrespect his team mates yes they may have been garbage of late but he hasnt exactly been on the top of his game neither.so has no right to slate them tbh.

spot off. You shouldn't be so disrespectful to a club that have helped you improve as a footballer.

He is a disrespectful gobshite at best, There is no way I would want him back at GP for next season, irrespective of how good he is, He has continually gone away with Belgium and has gobbed off to the press at the earliest opportunity, his latest comments about forgetting to do the warm up are beyond belief, mostly he will be remembered at GP for picking his arse on the half way line and going missing in big games, Oh and missing important penalties. sell him now to whoever wants to buy him, because no doubt he will stink the gaff out in the euros as he did in the world cup! (if he even starts for them) and his value will decrease, otherwise who ever the new manager is starts him on the bench and leaves him to rot......and breathe.

spot off. You shouldn't be so disrespectful to a club that have helped you improve as a footballer.
I'm not saying that his actions as of late have been ideal, but personally I don't buy the whole disrespectful aspect that you're implying.

Over the years he's been pretty positive towards Everton; I've yet to see any openly disrespectful comments about the club specifically.

Instead he's just stated that he'll be leaving which we all expected. Ideally he could have just kept his mouth shut about moving on, but hey ho.

Nor is it untypical of Belgians to spout off when they're away internationally - we've seen similar antics with both Fellaini and Mirallas.

Yes he's been frustrating recently and I will not be overly sorry he's gone, however I just do not get this whole hatred towards him that's emerged.

The bile and hatred that's emerged this season towards managers and players alike doesn't make us an attractive location...

Something has changed. Or then again perhaps it hasn't he always wanted Champions league football so he wants to take the fast track and we get the payday. Based on his late form he has been day dreaming receiving a fat paycheck which has irritated most. It is probably best to part company for all our sakes. Beyond that his dad does my head in every season with his inappropriate comments.

I'm not saying that his actions as of late have been ideal, but personally I don't buy the whole disrespectful aspect that you're implying.

Over the years he's been pretty positive towards Everton; I've yet to see any openly disrespectful comments about the club specifically.

Instead he's just stated that he'll be leaving which we all expected. Ideally he could have just kept his mouth shut about moving on, but hey ho.

Nor is it untypical of Belgians to spout off when they're away internationally - we've seen similar antics with both Fellaini and Mirallas.

Yes he's been frustrating recently and I will not be overly sorry he's gone, however I just do not get this whole hatred towards him that's emerged.

The bile and hatred that's emerged this season towards managers and players alike doesn't make us an attractive location...
Why doesn't he just put a transfer request in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back