Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon having Naisy behind him running around like a headless chicken could give him the space he needs. Then maybe relegate Barkley into a deeper midfield role instead of Barry alongside McCarthy. Oh yeah, and play TWO wingers.
I'd rather we just had a go at some of these teams and played 2 up front with a diamond midfield. Totally agree that Rom needs space and someone to create that space and pull away some defenders. Get him some room to operate and get him running at people, and he'll be lethal. At the weekend I'd love for us to line up like this. Show some real intent.

-------Rom--Kone------
--------Barkley--------
----Clev--------Del----
--------McCarthy--------
Bry---Jags---Stones---Coleman
--------Howard--------

I can't win on here - I either criticise him too much and clearly hate him, or I defend him too much and neglect mentioning his faults.

Make your minds up FFS!

You do realise that this forum is made up of multiple members, each with their own opinion don't you mate?

One day soon we'll sell him to a team that supply chances to strikers, a Wolfsburg or Sevilla, it's only then we'll realize the player we had on our books. Nothing much he can do when we treat him like a 10 foot brick wall.

You do realise that this forum is made up of multiple members, each with their own opinion don't you mate?

Yes but the extremes on any given opinion are always ridiculous to me.

For example, I criticise Lukaku for failing to adapt his game to hold up play and developing a first touch for over a year, and I despise him. But I also point out that Lukaku isn't that type of player and Martinez should be utilising him better, and I'm making excuses for him.

There's a middle ground! It's like the transfer thread with Shaqiri - two categories; we either were never in for him, or we missed out on him to Stoke in a straight race. No middle ground.

It's just mad to me.

HAHAHAHAHAA, so teams with attacking full backs don't need wingers? It is amazing there are any left in the entirity of world football in that case.

for starters, relax matey.

Second, I'm saying that the onus should be on getting someone who can get Baines into advanced, crossing positions more often.

These other attacking full backs, how many of them are the best in their respective teams at crossing? They bomb forward, sure, but how many are relied upon for the chances they create? How many of them make ventures forward merely to act as a decoy?

There will be exceptions, I'm sure, but the players we should be looking at should be those who are selfless and realise that getting Baines in dangerous areas benefits the team far more than going one v one with the full back and shanking a cross which is headed out at the near post (see McGeady, Mirrallas).

for starters, relax matey.

Second, I'm saying that the onus should be on getting someone who can get Baines into advanced, crossing positions more often.

These other attacking full backs, how many of them are the best in their respective teams at crossing? They bomb forward, sure, but how many are relied upon for the chances they create? How many of them make ventures forward merely to act as a decoy?

There will be exceptions, I'm sure, but the players we should be looking at should be those who are selfless and realise that getting Baines in dangerous areas benefits the team far more than going one v one with the full back and shanking a cross which is headed out at the near post (see McGeady, Mirrallas).

Or we could build the team around our £28m striker instead of a left back who may or may not recover from his current injury....

Crazy idea i know, but pretty much every team above us in the league played with 2 wingers, it isn't rocket science to see that it clearly didn't work last season so it might be something to avoid this time round...

Get rid of him while we can still get a decent price I say, i said after his loan he does not fit into our system and didn't want him and it looks to be the case.

People might not like it but the only way it's going to work is if he or Martinez leaves because the two styles are contradictory and it makes me doubt Martinez as a tactitian for signing him in the first place.

Or we could build the team around our £28m striker instead of a left back who may or may not recover from his current injury....

Crazy idea i know, but pretty much every team above us in the league played with 2 wingers, it isn't rocket science to see that it clearly didn't work last season so it might be something to avoid this time round...

Slightly exaggerated on the injury front, plus is building a team around Lukaku not supplying him with dangerous crosses? A tactic which seemingly only Baines in our team is good at?

Get rid of him while we can still get a decent price I say, i said after his loan he does not fit into our system and didn't want him and it looks to be the case.

People might not like it but the only way it's going to work is if he or Martinez leaves because the two styles are contradictory and it makes me doubt Martinez as a tactitian for signing him in the first place.
Is this why he's scored 36 goals in 2 years with the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back