Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep telling me that only his league goals count too.

Can't work that one out - if that's the case, let's not bother playing him in the cups.
This year we aren't in the EL so let's see how many domestic goals he gets. Were you satisfied with his 1 in 4 PL strike rate last season? He scored 5 of his 20 in 2 games against Young Boys, looking at his stats per game outside of that makes those 2 particular fixtures look like an anomaly. He is the most overrated Everton player by our own fans.

This year we aren't in the EL so let's see how many domestic goals he gets. Were you satisfied with his 1 in 4 PL strike rate last season? He scored 5 of his 20 in 2 games against Young Boys, looking at his stats per game outside of that makes those 2 particular fixtures look like an anomaly. He is the most overrated Everton player by our own fans.

You're weird.

People keep telling me that only his league goals count too.

Can't work that one out - if that's the case, let's not bother playing him in the cups.

What's not to get? If you're trying to gauge his actual quality, you look at how he does against 19 evenly matched teams in one division, rather than skew the tally because he scores six against FC Lolcats from Belarus and some League 2 side in the first few rounds of the League Cup.

I don't think penalties should count either when it comes to it. What are you gaining from including that stat in judging him - it's like a centre-half being on pens and calling him a 'goalscoring defender' if he scores five of them a season.

You're weird.
I'm afraid if you can't see the constructive point I was trying to make, then although I'm not one for name calling as the minute someone does that it shows a lack of intelligence enough to debate. But then I'd have to say right back at you. How many goals so you expect from Lukaku in this full domestic season? Do you have the bottle to say?

What's not to get? If you're trying to gauge his actual quality, you look at how he does against 19 evenly matched teams in one division, rather than skew the tally because he scores six against FC Lolcats from Belarus and some League 2 side in the first few rounds of the League Cup.

I don't think penalties should count either when it comes to it. What are you gaining from including that stat in judging him - it's like a centre-half being on pens and calling him a 'goalscoring defender' if he scores five of them a season.

Leighton Baines is a goal scoring defender.

I'm afraid if you can't see the constructive point I was trying to make, then although I'm not one for name calling as the minute someone does that it shows a lack of intelligence enough to debate. But then I'd have to say right back at you. How many goals so you expect from Lukaku in this full domestic season? Do you have the bottle to say?

The bottle? FFS...you really are weird.

I'd expect minimum 10 league goals...a lot depends on how he is played though.

Andrew Cole one of the top PL strikers agrees with this and he said many did Pens mean nothing. Baines stats with pens/goals look good against his career appearances but if he went to UTD back in 13/14 and had RVP and Rooney ahead of him in the penalty takers list, over the past few years he may not of scored the pens/goals he has. Does that make him a lesser player?

The bottle? FFS...you really are weird.

I'd expect minimum 10 league goals...a lot depends on how he is played though.
That's brave. 1 in every 4 for our striker. FFS, you are quite simply not worth talking to. When you say how he is played, well that's down to Martinez isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back