Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Cole one of the top PL strikers agrees with this and he said many did Pens mean nothing. Baines stats with pens/goals look good against his career appearances but if he went to UTD back in 13/14 and had RVP and Rooney ahead of him in the penalty takers list, over the past few years he may not of scored the pens/goals he has. Does that make him a lesser player?

Not sure what you're saying, but if you mean if Baines wasn't on pens and his goal return was a lower as a result, would it make him a lesser player - then no, of course it wouldn't. That was my point - the stat means nothing.

Bet he is really sold on the ambition of the Club at this point in time - for club I mean both Manager and Board.

The bottle? FFS...you really are weird.

I'd expect minimum 10 league goals...a lot depends on how he is played though.

10 league goals this season would be a disgusting return mate! You've got to have higher expectations than that surely?

EDIT: Just read your reply above - for me, bare minimum is 15. For your number one striker you have to be at least approaching 1 in 2 domestically, not nearer 1 in 4.

Andrew Cole one of the top PL strikers agrees with this and he said many did Pens mean nothing. Baines stats with pens/goals look good against his career appearances but if he went to UTD back in 13/14 and had RVP and Rooney ahead of him in the penalty takers list, over the past few years he may not of scored the pens/goals he has. Does that make him a lesser player?
English please.

English please.
In basic terms of you looked at Baines career stats at Everton, he will look like a goal scoring left back, if he had played at a club where he wasn't in pens his stats wouldn't look as good, but in my opinion that wouldn't make him a lesser player in his position.

Good assist, first game and made an impact in it, good build on his 20 goals last season still can't believe how many goals he has already I'm sure every one would agree. I haven't had time to read the thread yet but I know nothing negative has been said about the kid. How could there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back