Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good and in a world where firmino goes for £32m and sterling goes for £49m he probably is worth over £50m, but he's really not as good as he think he is.

Really not sure any of the cv building clubs will want him for the price we'd be prepared to sell. Possibly psg.

Players like Suarez are winners and despite getting his arse out of the pit as soon as he could he was probably the best player in the world at the time, almost carrying them to a league title.

Rom downed tools mid march and arsed around for the rest if the season. I'd be interested in hear his response to questions like why that was the case.

He is not worth 65m if he doesn't have that level of professionalism. It's fine to say you want to win trophies but you have to be prepared to work your arse off as Suarez did.

You're not worth 65m because your Da and your agent tell you you are.

The full version..

http://toffeeweb.com/season/15-16/news/32750.html

Lukaku will hear Moshiri out but wants silverware
by Lyndon Lloyd | 25/05/2016
bubble_sm.gif
11 Comments [Jump to last]
lukaku-5.jpg

Romelu Lukaku says that it's time for him to 'write a CV' by winning titles but has given further hints that it won't be with Everton.
The 23-year-old has not been shy about talking about his future since he returned to Belgium to prepare for Euro2016 and while he still has three years left on his contract at Goodison Park, little of what he has said so far suggests he wants to spend another season with the Blues.

Lukaku scored 25 goals in all competitions this season but his strike rate dropped off precipitously as Everton's form plumbed the depths over the last couple of months of the season.

The former Chelsea striker has said that the player's "broken" relationship with manager Roberto Martinez was clearly evident in the team's poor performances and results but Martinez's removal might not be enough to keep him around.

“I'm at a point where I have to make a good career choice," he is quoted as saying in The Daily Star. "We have a new investor at Everton, and out of courtesy I will listen to what he has to say. But I have my own ideas in mind. I want to win titles.

“I have had a very good season, but it is time for me to write myself a CV. That is why I play football. I get that trophy-winning mindset from Chelsea.

“People in Belgium don't see me playing for Everton, but I am respected in England by fans, managers and experts like Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Thierry Henry.”

Lukaku has, inevitably, been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge as well as a reunion with Jose Mourinho at Manchester United but is also interesting Paris St Germain who could afford the reported £65m that Everton would demand for his contract.
Again, said absolutely nothing wrong.

I think it was arrogant to say he would` listen to the new investor out of curtesy, however he has his mind made up`

Moshiri should show him the cad drawings of a new stadium and the players he intends to bring in

He should state its 65 mil or you are in the reserves next season sick of Everton being soft

Then again just knob him off he has a glass back in my opinion let him go to a beautiful club he is no way as good as he thinks he is

It's really quite interesting to go back to the first few pages of this thread when the discussion focused on the number of goals he had to score in season 15/16 for it to have been considered a good season for him.

Most were looking at about 20 goals in all completions .

Looking back on the season Baines made perhaps the most telling comment and as we know he was forced to apologise. It's clear that there has been issues and it's no wonder that the players haven't performed to their potential and as we know one of those is RL but there are others.

Many on here have been rightly highlighting the significant issues around RL performance and indeed performances yet they then talk about wanting £65 million. The top clubs will know all about the issues that are in the public domain and them some.

Of course none of us know what has being going on nor indeed do we have a clue if there any offers on the table I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a couple of non to impressive bids already waiting for someone to assess and or comment on but the club are in a vacuum.

The club took a stand last season with regard to JS many applauded that stance but a significant majority suggest that keeping a player that wants away has to be sold for the potential damage to the team and indeed the club is just not worth taking the risk. Now I am not suggesting that JS has delibertley rocked the boat but I can't but help feel that there has to be some fallout and indeed I feel that to take a similar approach with RL will be catostrophic and clubs looking at the current state at Everton will know all this and possibly feel they are in an exceptionally strong negotiating position.

This is getting so tiresome. Imagine having an attitude towards your adoring fans like this.

He should be fined for this stuff in the future. The comments on his Instagram are getting funny at least. Snake emojis everywhere.

If Mosh is true to his word then Lukaku looks certain to stay.
This latest babble from him doesn't read well (but then when have his interviews ever read well) but it does seem he's back tracking slightly on his interview the other day. I have no problem with having ambitious players but this boy needs to learn some respect

This latest babble from him doesn't read well (but then when have his interviews ever read well) but it does seem he's back tracking slightly on his interview the other day. I have no problem with having ambitious players but this boy needs to learn some respect

Yeah it definitely does seem like a back track and if Mosh promises him we are spending big this summer i really don't see him leaving.

For someone who effectively downed tools during the last ten games of the season, I'd settle for him keeping his mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back