Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was much between Lukaku and Benteke - before his injury.

Benteke scored a lot for Villa when he was on the pitch.

Disappointing listening to the garbage coming out of Lukaku's mouth. Shows a lot of disrespect for the club. His fat, ugly inbred agent is probably feeding him all sorts of garbage about being world class and how his first touch is really really good.

The bile has spilled out due to the comatose behaviour of the board at not being any where near proactive enough in stopping the rot of RM's tenure.
Added to the years of bottling it under dithering Dave, whilst bring knives to gun fights with the complete acceptance of abject mediocrity.
I dare say most of those bile filled Evertonian's are nornal rational people who have bottled up disappointment after disappointment, embarrassments to the power of 10, subjected to ridicule and derision by usually non match going kopites on dreaded Monday mornings after woefully inept derby showings and finally the fume and vent cannot be humanly contained.
Polite mutterings in the stands don't force anyone's hand. Bile, fume and possibility of low ticket sales does.
If we're not allowed to be unhappy at not trying to be the best, what's the point?
Taking part and making up the numbers, behave.

This single sentence encapsulates what a lot of reasonable and yet passionate Evertonians have been thinking for a while. Very well put.

I never said that, but if you want to get into it, based on his time at villa and for belgium, benteke is class. keeping in mind rom played how many minutes at the world cup? rom would also score zero goals in a high pressure klopp team where he has to run for 90 mins too. benteke would score 25+ if we put him on the pen spot just like lukaku. you clearly havent watched many everton games, or plain and simple dont understand how different tactics effect different players. ffs, kone scored a hatrick... does that not prove to you that bobby set up a team week in week out to feed a center forward??

and please enlighten me when rom has scored in the last 16 games hes played?

Haha, believe what you want you deluded biff.

This is not bitterness over Lukaku's comments, but I genuinely, honestly have always felt that he is not the player that he thinks he is. First touch is woeful, he misses a lot - and he needed the help of being given the PK duties from Bainsey lad for his confidence

Evertonians have been starved of a decent centre-forward, a consistent 20 goal a year player and so Lukaku gets his acclaim. But I'd have Ageuro or Harry Kane in an absolute instant

...and his comments? Get out of the club lad, if you're going to be that disrespectful

This post is NOT about being defeatist or about defending Everton not being ambitious or forward-thinking - it's just that we've helped his career and we are a much better club than his next one will be

I don't think there was much between Lukaku and Benteke - before his injury.

Benteke scored a lot for Villa when he was on the pitch.

Disappointing listening to the garbage coming out of Lukaku's mouth. Shows a lot of disrespect for the club. His fat, ugly inbred agent is probably feeding him all sorts of garbage about being world class and how his first touch is really really good.

Nooooo, Lukaku is and has always been a far better player than Benteke. Can we swerve all this revisionism?

The FA Cup semi was one of the worst performances i've seen from a striker, we'll miss his goals yes but give us 50mill+ and we can get 2 strikers with that and will probably make us more consistent as a team.

Incredibly disrespectful from Rom. Disappointing; he always used to come across to mature and respectful all the time. How things change. Now he's Mr Too-Big-For-Everton. Does he have 3 years left on his contract? Surely we can demand huge, huge money (60m plus) or keep him minimum one more year and see how the team does. The ball is very much in our court. Terrible attitude by him, just like Jose said four years ago.

I don't have a problem with players wanting to win things, or move on, but him saying what he did about team mates, when he was one of the worst during our semi-final, makes me arse itch.
He did good in our first half of the season, as did Geri, but a club like PSG won't want someone who goes to sleep for half a season, and will pay nowhere near what we want for him.

Best scenario I see is a high profile manager (Moyes, that's not you) coming in and filling Rom's head with pretty pictures of him playing in pink* in european games. Otherwise he's not gonna be arsed, even if we do keep him.

* gonna be our alternative kit for 18/19 when we in champs league

Sad thing about it all is despite being our best forward in a long, long time. I'm not even arsed he's leaving. I've never been totally convinced about him. Touch of a rapist an half arsed attitude. See for big money and bring a new forward or two in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back