Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just proves it. 1 good season for us of scoring a few goals. Didn't turn up in either semi finals when we needed him ... And now thinks he is one of the worlds best ... Get lost is my attitude. If we had any other back up he would of been dropped for me after the Wembley game. Any other club with back up strikers would of dropped him. Plenty of good strikers out there for 30 million !
It's 3 good seasons really isn't it? And he scored in 1 of the semis. Thought he did ok at Wembley in general too, just didn't have his shooting boots on unfortunately - it happens.

He's acted like an idiot in the press, and if he wants to go he can go, but he's been a very good player for us in the main, and I'll miss him if he does.

this, and it's so strange many evertonians never developed especial
emotional affection towards him eventhough he scored like crazy.
I liked him a lot and thought he improved a lot last season from the previous season. Don't like the fact he now thinks he is better than us ...

Last edited:
this, and it's so strange many evertonians never developed especial
emotional affection towards him eventhough he scored like crazy.

Think the reason there was no special bond between him and fans was because most of us thought we were just a stepping stone for him, saying that though, I haven't got a problem with that because he has been boss for us, and we're going to make a huge wedge when he moves on, and I wish him all the luck when he goes, even though he's been a bellend the last few months.

It's 3 good seasons really isn't it? And he scored in 1 of the semis. Thought he did ok at Wembley in general too, just didn't have his shooting boots on unfortunately - it happens.

He's acted like an idiot in the press, and if he wants to go he can go, but he's been a very good player for us in the main, and I'll miss him if he does.
Agree with most except Wembley. Thought he was awful. First half his touch was awful in 2 or 3 good situations and second half dreadful. The really good players don't do this ... If he could be turned and want to be part of what is going to happen I would be happy to but not going to happen ... PSG for me nailed on

Agree with most except Wembley. Thought he was awful. First half his touch was awful in 2 or 3 good situations and second half dreadful. The really good players don't do this ... If he could be turned and want to be part of what is going to happen I would be happy to but not going to happen ... PSG for me nailed on
All players do it. When Stevie G had the league in his grasp, he fell over. When John terry needed to kick a ball 12 yards to win the champions league, he failed. Where was Ronaldo hiding last weekend in the CL final? Where was messi in the World Cup final in 2014?

Players have bad games, even the very best. trying to rewrite history to say he's not that good makes us look like Southampton fans. He's a top class striker, and the fact you think one of the worlds richest clubs will buy him tells me you know that. So just accept that he's a good player who's likely to get better, and he's given us 3 good years with no sign of the team getting better. I'd leave if I was him, so I won't hold it against him if he does.

All players do it. When Stevie G had the league in his grasp, he fell over. When John terry needed to kick a ball 12 yards to win the champions league, he failed. Where was Ronaldo hiding last weekend in the CL final? Where was messi in the World Cup final in 2014?

Players have bad games, even the very best. trying to rewrite history to say he's not that good makes us look like Southampton fans. He's a top class striker, and the fact you think one of the worlds richest clubs will buy him tells me you know that. So just accept that he's a good player who's likely to get better, and he's given us 3 good years with no sign of the team getting better. I'd leave if I was him, so I won't hold it against him if he does.

Your missing the point mate - he's gone !

Your missing the point mate - he's gone !
Well that might have been your original point, but you started chatting wham about good players never having bad games so I thought I'd put you straight.

Yeah he probably is gone, I won't cry about it, but I'll be disappointed that a player who could potentially be one of the very very best will no longer play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back