Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
this, and it's so strange many evertonians never developed especial
emotional affection towards him eventhough he scored like crazy.

Nowt strange about it......the fellow shows little or no affection for our club so we don't take him to our hearts like we do, say, a Duncan Ferguson or a Timmy Cahill.

He is paid a small fortune every week to score goals.....he goes about his buisness in a matter of fact way and we respond accordingly.

He makes no secret of the fact he thinks he is better than us and seems to want out the door ASAP.

It would be a strange type of football fan developed "emotional affection" for a boy who shows no sign of appreciating it, never mind reciprocating it.

Well that might have been your original point, but you started chatting wham about good players never having bad games so I thought I'd put you straight.

Yeah he probably is gone, I won't cry about it, but I'll be disappointed that a player who could potentially be one of the very very best will no longer play for us.
Not a great situation I agree. It is what is though .... Don't think it can be fixed now unless The new manager can work a miracle ... We just need to hold firm for the money ..!

I have liked Lukaku since he has been with us. Liked not loved. He has spurts where he looks like he could be one of the top strikers in any league. However, he has more instances of struggle, lots of bad touches and can't head the ball well for a guy his size and stature. We saw both of these in the semi's this season. If he wants to go let him go, as long as we get good compensation for him. I want a player who wants to be here and kiss the badge with honor, not kiss his own a$$

I have liked Lukaku since he has been with us. Liked not loved. He has spurts where he looks like he could be one of the top strikers in any league. However, he has more instances of struggle, lots of bad touches and can't head the ball well for a guy his size and stature. We saw both of these in the semi's this season. If he wants to go let him go, as long as we get good compensation for him. I want a player who wants to be here and kiss the badge with honor, not kiss his own a$$

Well said.

Someone posted "Everton fans have turned nasty this season" Ha Ha Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tits. As I said. Embarrassing.
Sometimes Twitter can be absolutely ridiculous when it comes to people slating each other for no apparent reason.

Look at the latest Soton/Koeman fumes. The mistake people make is rising to it.

Lukaku though - I know his shins are made out of elastic and he's no first touch, but that'll come in time, and I find it difficult to criticise the lad for a poor first touch when he rockets them in from 20 yards anyway.

A striker who scores 20 goals a season regularly? Which one is that?

I was joking lad.

Think Rom's class, and though he is as good as gone and he's been rather disrespectful in recent weeks, overall he's been very good for us and we'll get a big return on him. I don't get the bitterness some have, it's football. We move on, whether he stays or goes

As far as I know, there's been no offer for him yet (haven't kept tabs on this thread) but if I was him, I'd be happy to move on if I copped that SHlT on Twitter!

Seriously, we actually want the same thing, CL, titles, Silverware, etc. Why totally alienate him when he could still be persuaded to stay. Now, I'm not happy with his comments & his old man, but I'd still like another 25+ goals from him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back