Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

upload_2016-6-15_12-56-50.webp

Says it all.

Short memories.

He could get that salary at another club, easy.

O'keeffe...

Based on what? He seems a very prolific goalscorer despite poor current form. What about the fact that all forwards have them, even Aguero, and Lukaku is still only 23. £140k is far more than I would like to pay, but for the number of goals he scores, it doesn't seem that excessive to me?

Dunno, I just can't see a truly elite club going mad on a fee or wages for him yet, his overall game isn't good enough and doubt he'd be so indulged when he would have to compete with other quality strikers.

He has just turned 23, his overall game isn't going to be complete yet.

Still managed this last season, despite being "lazy", "crap", unable to "control a ball" and in a Roberto Martinez side;

[EDIT] Meant this table

epl.webp

Last edited:
O'keeffe...

Based on what? He seems a very prolific goalscorer despite poor current form. What about the fact that all forwards have them, even Aguero, and Lukaku is still only 23. £140k is far more than I would like to pay, but for the number of goals he scores, it doesn't seem that excessive to me?

Its pretty much the going rate now. Vardy is 29, and yes had a better season but it was one season and he's probably set to make around 125K/week. I don't think too many sides that he was interested in were interested in him because if they were that was getting leaked to the press. Arse is going after Vardy, PSG hasn't made any noises yet. Man U has 2 decent looking young strikers and Chelsea were silent.

Still managed this last season, despite being "lazy", "crap", unable to "control a ball" and in a Roberto Martinez side;

View attachment 25122
Was also played week in week out no matter what and was our focal point.

Stick him in a team with other quality forwards where if he has a few bad games he'd be dropped and I don't think he'd be as prolific .

Tbh maybe I'm not quite use to the mad money knocking about at the minute yet but when I see the number 65 mil floating about, that's the kind of wedge the likes of Suarez went for and rom is not and probably never be in the same class as him.

Personally think rom will be here next year, purely because no one will pony up the money yet

View attachment 25122
I don't think anyone really wants him to go. Its his gobbing off that gets fans backs up.

The stats you post don't lie.

His goals will take all of his transfer fee to replace.

Was also played week in week out no matter what and was our focal point.

To his detriment.

We didn't manage him (or Barkley and others...) well at all, hence their form.

Personally think rom will be here next year, purely because no one will pony up the money yet

When your seeing £20m rejected for Troy Deeney, and £20m rejected for Callum Wilson - I'm sure there are plenty who'd throw £50-60m at Lukaku.

I don't think anyone really wants him to go. Its his gobbing off that gets fans backs up.

The stats you post don't lie.

His goals will take all of his transfer fee to replace.

Lots do mate, mainly because they see it as inevitable.

Check out the comments to our last Facebook page update.

That gobbling off may well double his wages.
Maybe so. It must be a belgian thing..

I've no idea what he's already definitely on ?

Or, indeed what other guaranteed 20 goals a season strikers are already on ?

£140k a week is just giving him what he's already on plus Osman, Hibbert and Pienaars wages... at a huge guess like ??

Maybe so. It must be a belgian thing..

I've no idea what he's already definitely on ?

Or, indeed what other guaranteed 20 goals a season strikers are already on ?

£140k a week is just giving him what he's already on plus Osman, Hibbert and Pienaars wages... at a huge guess like ??
And worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back