Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Lukaku is doing is saying openly, what most footballers think. He has had the same narrative since day one, he even said he wanted to play champions league/compete at the top at his press conference when we unveiled him.

Rooney 'Once a blue always a blue', whack transfer request in. Demand leave.
Stones, transfer request...

As for Suarez - Liverpool wern't mid table and he couldn't shut up about a move. Remember this when Arsenal wanted him?

suarez.jpg
Difference was he kept playing.

I hope we do offer him a silly deal like the one reported.

He would make that much elsewhere and if we want a world class centre forward playing for us, that is how much we must be prepared to pay them. Even Leicester have upped Vardy's wages to 80 grand, and not too long ago he would have been earning buttons in non league.

thought he was class from day one, hasn't proven me wrong since. Can't expect him to score if we don't create for him, that has been the case far too long, hence him wanting to leave.

If he doesn't sign and goes elsewhere then fair enough, at least the club tried, as they did agreeing such a high fee to get him here.

His dad says otherwise.

Clubs have approached, we won't entertain.

Same as Suarez and Arsenal.

He speaks a lot of crap in the press, but I'd sooner put Everton before the ego of a footballer. Lets not give in to the tactics to force a move, unless it meets Everton's terms.

His dad says a lot of things - almost all of which pure manure.

And I completely agree. Which is again why he should shut up - all he's doing is forcing our hand into saying no to him. We have absolutely no need to sell financially, and we'd have doubly no need to sell if he makes us look stupid and weak. Does he really think Moshiri, reading all this crap, will go, "oh well, best sell him for £30m then!"

I cannot for the life of me understand why he's gobbing off non-stop. What is it achieving? He has an agent, let him do the work and you play football. For a supposedly 'intelligent' footballer, he ain't half braindead.

Difference was he kept playing.

He did. Liverpool turned down his request to leave, he then went on and had his best season for them - one which should have won them the league.

Eventually, Liverpool sold him - wheels come off, manager sacked.

If your saying Lukaku 'stopped playing' last season - "downed tools" etc, then that's ridiculous, I'd go as far as say idiotic.

He didn't stop playing intentionally - he was a 22-year-old who carried the club for most of the season, breaking records in doing so. He ran out of form in a team setup to fail by the manager.

Barkley - did he town tools? He was great until about February, what happened?
Stones - why isn't he in the England starting 11? Did he town tools and stop playing?
Baines, Coleman, Mirallas... McCarthy - I could go on.

He did. Liverpool turned down his request to leave, he then went on and had his best season for them - one which should have won them the league.

If your saying Lukaku 'stopped playing' last season - "downed tools" etc, then that's ridiculous, I'd go as far as say idiotic.

He didn't stop playing intentionally - he was a 22-year-old who carried the club for most of the season, breaking records in doing so. He ran out of form in a team setup to fail by the manager.

Stones - why isn't he in the England starting 11? Did he town tools and stop playing?

I think the whole team did - Lukaku just made it more obvious than most. They clearly wanted the manager gone (see the performance after he left for details).

I don't think McCarthy downed tools though; I just think that was McCarthy being McCarthy.

I just wish he'd shut up to be honest.

So do I, but his ego/comments are engineered to cloud judgement and force a move on his terms - not Evertons.

Fans turn against him based on comments, and his move becomes easier.

It doesn't make any sense to sell a proven goalscorer, with years on his deal.

Sign another striker, we need one anyway and tell Lukaku to pipe down and compete for his place.

Make sure you all understand. Giving Romelu 140k per week after a conversation with Mr Moshiri isn't going to convince him to sign a new contract and stay.

Mr Moshiri outlining to him just what to expect during the duration of his contract is what will decide it.

Make sure you all understand. Giving Romelu 140k per week after a conversation with Mr Moshiri isn't going to convince him to sign a new contract and stay.

Mr Moshiri outlining to him just what to expect during the duration of his contract is what will decide it.

Agree with this.

If Rom takes this supposed new contract then all I ask is that he shuts up, knuckles down and gives us his best. He has a lot of improving to do, but he can be great. Really does need to stfu though, as does his Father and agent. I see no reason to be rid of the lad.

Just difficult to separate his recent comments (post Feb) to his lacklustre effort from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back