Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I still want him to stay, I'd love him to be the first to score 100 goals for Everton since Graeme Sharp. In fact I'd love him to become second only to Dixie Dean by beating Sharp's record of 159 goals. If he stays another 4 seasons he would that.

I'm hoping things like his poor showing on Monday will give his head a shake and make him realise he needs to work his ass off to be what he really could be.

I do think that Belgium, and Everton could and should play more to his strengths, but he needs to sort himself out too.

If he doesn't want to be an Everton player then i'm really not sure I want him to be one either. Dixie Dean and Graeme Sharp loved playing for Everton. I'm really not sure Romelu Lukaku does.

very interesting. It would be quite funny if it was just a rouse. He'd accept the contract and then we'd turn around and say "well you only want to play for us for the money is it? Jog on soft lad" and show him up in the media. I highly doubt that is the case haha

I don't really like him anymore after his recent comments and the losing of the semi final. But yeah, if he actually wants to stay and get's his head back down and continues the work, i'm all for supporting him again. We need to be perfectly honest, regardless of all the money we have, we won't get a better goalscorer in as a replacement.

Seem so see a lot of;

"Rooney was right to leave, look what he has won. I'd have him back in a heart beat"

... The same fans are typically the ones shouting;

"LUKAKU, DOESN'T WANNA PLAY FOR US LAD. GET SHUT. GET SHUT NOW"

61 goals in 127 games for a Everton, with Roberto Martinez.

If at 23, he wasn't looking to progress and play at the very top, I'd be questioning his ambition.

Everton need to be putting up a very good argument to convince Lukaku that we'll no longer be mid table nobodies.

If Koeman can get us to defend, and Lukaku maintains his goals - we'd be in Europe.

16 in 33
20 in 48
25 in 46

I really, really can't see us signing a striker who'll bring that to us.

Seem so see a lot of;

"Rooney was right to leave, look what he has won. I'd have him back in a heart beat"

If at 23, he wasn't looking to progress and play at the very top, I'd be questioning his ambition.

Everton need to be putting up a very good argument to convince Lukaku that we'll no longer be mid table nobodies.

If Koeman can get us to defend, and Lukaku maintains his goals - we'd be in Europe.

16 in 33
20 in 48
25 in 46

It would be very hard, nigh on impossible for us to replace his goals.

But if his head is elsewhere, he doesn't see himself here, will he keep scoring those level of goals? We saw from March onwards what he's like if he can't be arsed.

I hope he flops the rest of EURO 2016, I hope he signs a new deal without a silly release clause and I hope he continues to build on his overall Everton form - fans have a short memory, he was dire at the end of the season, but who wasn't?

Look at his record, all in spite of a Martinez setup that really didn't do him any favours. You're never going to get the best out of Lukaku with a patient build up.

He's an idiot, but an honest idiot. I say an idiot because of the level of scrutiny he brings on himself - He speaks his mind, he wants to play at the top. He's never hidden that and nobody can begrudge him of that.

Lukaku is one of the best goalscorers in the game. Not many will be lining up to join a mid table club - you only have to look at the "Why is Koeman joining Everton?" consensus to appreciate that...

I am in the same vein of thinking.

James Milner came on instead of Barkley on Saturday. Barkley is a far superior footballer but has had such a poor season that the media were expecting him to not even make the squad and for Spurs reject Andros Townsend to go instead.

Stones finds himself behind Gary Cahill, a man he would have replaced had Chelsea been successful last summer.

Mirallas failed to even make the Belgium squad due to lack of games last season.

Many of our players are currently miles off the form they are capable of. Koeman and Moshiri will be well aware of what is required to take us forward, and what pool of talent he has at his disposal. Southampton have an excellent squad of players, yet Ronald left there as he will be fully aware of what this side is capable of when all fit, well drilled and working as a team.

I hope the majority of our 'stars' are offered improved contracts to reflect where this club wants to go.

Once that has been established, then we can pursue our targets from elsewhere and go into the Spurs game full of belief.

I'd like to see him for one more season playing in a formation that brings the best out of him! That means two things, he doesnt get played in the lone striker role, and we buy someone capable of threading a ball through the middle for him to run on to! If we aren't going to do that then we should get rid as his value will fall the longer he is being played in systems like those employed by us and Belgium!

I'm hoping things like his poor showing on Monday will give his head a shake and make him realise he needs to work his ass off to be what he really could be.

I do think that Belgium, and Everton could and should play more to his strengths, but he needs to sort himself out too.

If he doesn't want to be an Everton player then i'm really not sure I want to be one either. Dixie Dean and Graeme Sharp loved playing for Everton. I'm really not sure Romelu Lukaku does.
Lukaku loves playing for Lukaku which is great when everything is going his way. When it isn't it's others fault. I would like him to stay because i have a gut feeling, with Moshiri in charge, we might get to the lofty places he thinks he should be playing quicker than him if he leaves.

Obviously I'd like him to sign a new contract. Can't see it happening, though. And if it did, we should add a clause in there preventing him from speaking ever again. So tired of him running his mouth every five minutes.

Seem so see a lot of;

16 in 33
20 in 48
25 in 46

Nobody is bothered about him having ambition. It's the manner in which he's doing it that's the problem.

If he kept his head down, gob shut and earned a move to a massive club, we'd wish him well.

It says it all when Lukaku is being a bigger <insert word here> than Suarez was at Liverpool, who never disrespected his club once despite wanting the move away. He let his agent do the work and he did the work on the pitch.

So amazingly, Lukaku and his idiot father would do well to take lessons from Luis Suarez of all people!

His goals are an expensive commodity to replace.

Belgium need dumping out as soon as possible and him to have a few more games like the other night. Give his head a bit of a wobble and think about things.

We have been told by our recent bearer of good news (thank you @The Esk) that Rom's agent has met Moshri several times. I'd wager he's been told that his client is not going anywhere unless it's ridiculous money offered, and even then it's not a certainty we would let him go.

If we can get him back onboard, with a manager who won't blow smoke up his 'ahem' at every opportunity he's worth more to us than money in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back