Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone even want him anymore I don't I for one wouldn't certainly pay him £140 thousand a week
I for one would like to see him stay and prosper under the new manager. Paying £140K a week is a gamble, but probably not as much as trying to replace him.
Oh, and not to worry Steven - you don't have to pay him now we've got Mr Moshiri.

I hope he flops the rest of EURO 2016, I hope he signs a new deal without a silly release clause and I hope he continues to build on his overall Everton form - fans have a short memory, he was dire at the end of the season, but who wasn't?

Look at his record, all in spite of a Martinez setup that really didn't do him any favours. You're never going to get the best out of Lukaku with a patient build up.

He's an idiot, but an honest idiot. I say an idiot because of the level of scrutiny he brings on himself - He speaks his mind, he wants to play at the top. He's never hidden that and nobody can begrudge him of that.

Lukaku is one of the best goalscorers in the game. Not many will be lining up to join a mid table club - you only have to look at the "Why is Koeman joining Everton?" consensus to appreciate that...

I've read some arguing he isn't worth 140 grand a week on twitter, but these are the same people shouting saying we won't accept a penny less than 65m for him - i don't quite get that. If he commands that kind of transfer fee then he's worthy of a worldy of a new contract offer. He's a proper kn0bhead but equally he scores goals (when he can be bothered to try) and i'd much rather keep him than sell and try to replace his goals which won't be easy, even with money. And again rewarding our top talent with big wages would be another sign that this isn't BK's plucky little Everton punching above their weight anymore.

That said it's probably BS

Agreed. He's certainly not perfect, but even with 65 million to spend, there is no guarantee his goals are replaced. It's just hard to find good strikers right now. First step should be to try to keep him, even if he is an idiot sometime.

I hope he flops the rest of EURO 2016, I hope he signs a new deal without a silly release clause and I hope he continues to build on his overall Everton form - fans have a short memory, he was dire at the end of the season, but who wasn't?

Look at his record, all in spite of a Martinez setup that really didn't do him any favours. You're never going to get the best out of Lukaku with a patient build up.

He's an idiot, but an honest idiot. I say an idiot because of the level of scrutiny he brings on himself - He speaks his mind, he wants to play at the top. He's never hidden that and nobody can begrudge him of that.

Lukaku is one of the best goalscorers in the game. Not many will be lining up to join a mid table club - you only have to look at the "Why is Koeman joining Everton?" consensus to appreciate that...

Completely correct - which is why I'm surprised at you praising his overall form at Everton.

Because overall, in terms of the team and not just goals, his form has been nigh on awful bar about six to eight months combined of his three year spell. He's known for his ping pong shins and lack of commitment for a reason - because we see it every week.

Yes, that is because of Martinez to a large degree, but even if you look at his goals... to a large extent he's a flat track bully and doesn't find the net in the big games.

I want him to stay at Everton, see him in a system that suits him and see what happens. But if we're not going to build a style around him, we need to get rid and bring someone in for the style we want to play, because otherwise he's a liability for us more often than not.

I'd rather have a 1 in 3 goalscorer who brings others into the game in a patient system, than a 1 in 2 goalscorer who doesn't and effectively means we're playing with 10 men.

Exactly. We wont replace his goals with the money we have to spend. Looking at the list of possible replacements is depressing

Agreed. He's certainly not perfect, but even with 65 million to spend, there is no guarantee his goals are replaced. It's just hard to find good strikers right now. First step should be to try to keep him, even if he is an idiot sometime.
yeah, If 140 grand a week and the prospect of being the part of Moshiri's exciting 'project' too use one of Rom's words isn't enough then we see if anyone wants to match our valuation and move on. But Everton have all the power here, not Lukaku or his agent.

Yes, I still want him to stay, I'd love him to be the first to score 100 goals for Everton since Graeme Sharp. In fact I'd love him to become second only to Dixie Dean by beating Sharp's record of 159 goals. If he stays another 4 seasons he would that.

Same here, I would like him to stay, he just needs to sort his attitude out, get his head down, work hard, and he'll become the player he actually thinks he is now.

If no-one matches our valuation then signing a new deal on daft money might be his only option.

It depends on his attitude when he returns I suppose. If he chucks the teddy then it could get quite unseemly.

If the 140k a week reports are true I suspect we will refuse to sell him - why put that level of effort to retain someone if you want them gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back