Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very hard, nigh on impossible for us to replace his goals.

But if his head is elsewhere, he doesn't see himself here, will he keep scoring those level of goals? We saw from March onwards what he's like if he can't be arsed.

Of course he will, he'll get his head down and crack on. He gave up because of our bloody clueless manager.

Of course he will, he'll get his head down and crack on. He gave up because of our bloody clueless manager.

Does he have the temperament to do that though? Because to me he's a basically an arrogant brat.

If he wants away and downs tools to get what he wants (which he did), then we're better off without. If he wants to stay, fine, but he'd better want it, and he'd better shut up for the remainder of his time here.

Nobody is bothered about him having ambition. It's the manner in which he's doing it that's the problem.

If he kept his head down, gob shut and earned a move to a massive club, we'd wish him well.

It says it all when Lukaku is being a bigger <insert word here> than Suarez was at Liverpool, who never disrespected his club once despite wanting the move away. He let his agent do the work and he did the work on the pitch.

So amazingly, Lukaku and his idiot father would do well to take lessons from Luis Suarez of all people!

All Lukaku is doing is saying openly, what most footballers think. He has had the same narrative since day one, he even said he wanted to play champions league/compete at the top at his press conference when we unveiled him.

Rooney 'Once a blue always a blue', whack transfer request in. Demand leave.
Stones, transfer request...

As for Suarez - Liverpool wern't mid table and he couldn't shut up about a move. Remember this when Arsenal wanted him?

suarez.jpg

Rom has all the potential to be the best but right now he isn't. He's got great potential but too many flaws in his game and I think it would be difficult to get £63 million for him. That said there is much more money in the game next season so if someone is prepared to pay that kind of figure it has to figure in RK's thinking. Or can RK help Rom become the player we all think he can be? I'm not sure as Rom seems set on finding a club that will win titles and clearly doesn't see that happening at Goodison.

I hope he flops the rest of EURO 2016, I hope he signs a new deal without a silly release clause and I hope he continues to build on his overall Everton form - fans have a short memory, he was dire at the end of the season, but who wasn't?

Look at his record, all in spite of a Martinez setup that really didn't do him any favours. You're never going to get the best out of Lukaku with a patient build up.

He's an idiot, but an honest idiot. I say an idiot because of the level of scrutiny he brings on himself - He speaks his mind, he wants to play at the top. He's never hidden that and nobody can begrudge him of that.

Lukaku is one of the best goalscorers in the game. Not many will be lining up to join a mid table club - you only have to look at the "Why is Koeman joining Everton?" consensus to appreciate that...
Spot on El Grando. Get the lads head right and get the system right, plus better quality around him and he'll score a bagfull.

I am in the same vein of thinking.

James Milner came on instead of Barkley on Saturday. Barkley is a far superior footballer but has had such a poor season that the media were expecting him to not even make the squad and for Spurs reject Andros Townsend to go instead.

Stones finds himself behind Gary Cahill, a man he would have replaced had Chelsea been successful last summer.

Mirallas failed to even make the Belgium squad due to lack of games last season.

Many of our players are currently miles off the form they are capable of. Koeman and Moshiri will be well aware of what is required to take us forward, and what pool of talent he has at his disposal. Southampton have an excellent squad of players, yet Ronald left there as he will be fully aware of what this side is capable of when all fit, well drilled and working as a team.

I hope the majority of our 'stars' are offered improved contracts to reflect where this club wants to go.

Once that has been established, then we can pursue our targets from elsewhere and go into the Spurs game full of belief.

Nailed it.

Seem so see a lot of;

"Rooney was right to leave, look what he has won. I'd have him back in a heart beat"

... The same fans are typically the ones shouting;

"LUKAKU, DOESN'T WANNA PLAY FOR US LAD. GET SHUT. GET SHUT NOW"

61 goals in 127 games for a Everton, with Roberto Martinez.

If at 23, he wasn't looking to progress and play at the very top, I'd be questioning his ambition.

Everton need to be putting up a very good argument to convince Lukaku that we'll no longer be mid table nobodies.

If Koeman can get us to defend, and Lukaku maintains his goals - we'd be in Europe.

16 in 33
20 in 48
25 in 46

I really, really can't see us signing a striker who'll bring that to us.

When he goes he will be replaced. We've got the cash and we'll have the scouts (in Monchi) to get the best.

All Lukaku is doing is saying openly, what most footballers think. He has had the same narrative since day one, he even said he wanted to play champions league/compete at the top at his press conference when we unveiled him.

Rooney 'Once a blue always a blue', whack transfer request in. Demand leave.
Stones, transfer request...

As for Suarez - Liverpool wern't mid table and he couldn't shut up about a move. Remember this when Arsenal wanted him?

suarez.jpg

Aye, but that was after a bid was placed and he felt slighted by the club. Big difference is we haven't received a bid for Lukaku.

Again, I have no problem with him having ambition. No problem at all with him wanting to leave - he should want to leave. But he should leave it to his agent and not disrespect his current employers and club fans in the press with non-stop mouthing off when he's out of the country. It's unprofessional and unnecessary - it doesn't get him closer to a move; indeed, it just makes him look like an idiot and is more likely to put off potential buyers.

It would be very hard, nigh on impossible for us to replace his goals.

But if his head is elsewhere, he doesn't see himself here, will he keep scoring those level of goals? We saw from March onwards what he's like if he can't be arsed.

Don't think this is true Ijjy.

Look at his performance for Belgium bvs Italy. Was he "not arsed"? Did he "down tools"

At 21/22 last season, we can't expect him to carry us the entire season. We didn't do him any favours in the way we managed him either...

How many players were dog turd in the run in?...

I'd pay him the 70k he currently earns, the 50k the donkey Niasse earns when I sell him, and ?k the other donkey Kone earns. All to Lukaku when he signs his new deal. Then go out and get another striker or two.

And you would all happily accept that in a heartbeat.

Aye, but that was after a bid was placed and he felt slighted by the club. Big difference is we haven't received a bid for Lukaku.

Again, I have no problem with him having ambition. No problem at all with him wanting to leave - he should want to leave. But he should leave it to his agent and not disrespect his current employers and club fans in the press with non-stop mouthing off when he's out of the country. It's unprofessional and unnecessary - it doesn't get him closer to a move; indeed, it just makes him look like an idiot and is more likely to put off potential buyers.

His dad says otherwise.

Clubs have approached, we won't entertain.

Same as Suarez and Arsenal.

He speaks a lot of crap in the press, but I'd sooner put Everton before the ego of a footballer. Lets not give in to the tactics to force a move, unless it meets Everton's terms.

Don't think this is true Ijjy.

Look at his performance for Belgium bvs Italy. Was he "not arsed"? Did he "down tools"

At 21/22 last season, we can't expect him to carry us the entire season. We didn't do him any favours in the way we managed him either...

How many players were dog turd in the run in?...

All of them mate. I think his mouthing off all the time just leaves doubts in my head all the time about his commitment to the cause.

We know how great he can be.

All of them mate. I think his mouthing off all the time just leaves doubts in my head all the time about his commitment to the cause.

We know how great he can be.

Stones wants to leave. He put in a transfer request.

He doesn't say anything in the media, but he wants to leave.

Lukaku speaks his mind, foolishly perhaps, but the game is the game. We're mid table nobodies at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back