Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye, fair article.

"He is still learning how to play his position and how to extract the most from his physical and technical attributes."

Ha, what are they? I like him but his technique makes me feel sick. Functional, but ugly player. His goal against Chelsea was brilliant but not pleasing on the eye.

Same with his penalties that do go in. If you compare the way he strikes to a ball to someone like Baines, its not pretty.
His goal against Chelsea wasn't pleasing on the eye??!:Blink:

Maybe if you were a Chelsea fan.

We are all deciding which players Koeman will buy and sell and why should I be any different.

I think that if Koeman could get 60m for Lukaku he would happily sell. From what I have seen Koeman likes a centreforward who works hard for the team, it is important for him to score goals obviously , but leading the line and working hard for the team is equally important.

Lukaku seems to be more focused on himself and his own career . He seems to be a good individual and popular within the group. I think he seems to be badly advised and wonder if the change of agent last season is at least partly responsible. At the time he commented that if he had been Lukaku's agent earlier the player would not have signed for Everton.

His goal against Chelsea wasn't pleasing on the eye??!:Blink:

Maybe if you were a Chelsea fan.

I celebrated it as much as anyone. Also text a few friends / family who slag him off, as I regularly take the other side of the argument.

However, the dribbling is hardly silky.

I'm not really even saying it matters. If you score goals then you've done your job. I just think technically he is deficient. Whether that's controlling a ball, striking a ball or running with it, for me he doesn't look natural.

He probably looks great when you blast at ball at him on a training pitch, stops the thing dead with the outside of his boot and smashes in volleys all day. But when there's pressure on sometimes his lack of technical skills are shown up.

He's obviously worked hard to get where he is, coupled with his physical ability he's pretty much got to the top, but he's not at the top and he's not irreplaceable.

Sell him to the chinese. 1 trillion yen

68c30b5cbf6da76b210f3a24a8303755.png

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

Will be overjoyed if we manage to keep him, he's quality, but only if he pulls his head out of his arse. He has done me head in recently, the shobgite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back