Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we some how keep, Lukaku and Stones, it will send a big message that we mean business. Especially if we add a big name or two.

Mate, no, come on. Let's have some common sense.

We all loved Big Denis but no one could seriously want him instead of Lukaku.

The bit about the Straq was tongue in cheek, the main point was to illustrate why I couldn't give a monkeys if he does go.

I would honestly get rid of him and throw everything we have at Sturridge.

Why? Sturridge is better than Lukaku. Fact.

He's not injured now.
anigif_enhanced-3291-1396450579-20.gif

the biggest reason for letting Romes go is his play for Belgium in the Euros. Same old moves....absolute predictability. Here's hoping Ronald Mc Dutcher will set the expensive K's loose and play the kids. Regardless, hope for the best!

Been saying he needs to up his game for the last 3 seasons is it just me who thinks he's reached his level....?.and I'm not saying he's crap or anything before you all get on my case.

No idea, players peak at different ages, IF he does want to kick on though - a lot depends on him personally though, if he does honestly think he is at the top level right now then he never will kick on, if he realises that he isn't as good as he could be and buckles down to it then who knows really how good he could end up becoming.

|Part of me thinks though that a lot of his talk about moving to a better team etc is that he feels he is better than the players around him and thats holding him back developing/showing what he has, the reality isn't that black and white though

He has so many flaws in his game and mentality, but unfortunately he believes his own hype. Despite his goals over the last 2 seasons, I truly believe we would have finished higher without him and as more of a team too. Really meh about whether he stays or goes but at the moment the only reason someone would buy him would be based on his name, past goals and so called 'rep'. On current form and level of effort, I'd prefer a hungry Mirallas playing up front for us.

Been saying he needs to up his game for the last 3 seasons is it just me who thinks he's reached his level....?.and I'm not saying he's crap or anything before you all get on my case.
Can't see his ability skill-wise getting any better as he's very limited. He'll get better with shots from long range, and timing and composure in the box, probably the best assets a striker needs

No idea, players peak at different ages, IF he does want to kick on though - a lot depends on him personally though, if he does honestly think he is at the top level right now then he never will kick on, if he realises that he isn't as good as he could be and buckles down to it then who knows really how good he could end up becoming.

|Part of me thinks though that a lot of his talk about moving to a better team etc is that he feels he is better than the players around him and thats holding him back developing/showing what he has, the reality isn't that black and white though
You can't blame the player passing you the ball if you fail to control it or if you can't head it or if you can't find space or hold a player off who's half your size .So back to the question is he at his level cause if he is this time next season he won't get in the team.

I think rom does believe his own hype, he does believe that he's almost there as one of the best, but he's still got away to go.

His first touch is still poor, however it was a mass improvement from other years.

I don't think he can play the lone role without the support. He looked more effective last year when he had the intelligence of del sending the balls through to him, and has much as it pains me to say when Kone was alongside him. The link up play at the start of the season was quite good, he wasn't isolated with kone coming in off the wing and linking up.

I think he'd suit a partner up top with a higher press from the rest of the team. He's a beast and does attract the attention of defenders, it's up to the rest of the team to exploit the holes in behind.

If this mouthy whopper stays next year I hope he gets some support and we don't have game after game of him being isolated chasing lost causes

It could be the Norman Whiteside effect.

Big, precocious youngster looked like taking the world by storm.

But he had already hit his peak by the time he was 21 and he never got any better after that.

Still gives me a recurring nightmare from Wembley '85 though :(

He has so many flaws in his game and mentality, but unfortunately he believes his own hype. Despite his goals over the last 2 seasons, I truly believe we would have finished higher without him and as more of a team too. Really meh about whether he stays or goes but at the moment the only reason someone would buy him would be based on his name, past goals and so called 'rep'. On current form and level of effort, I'd prefer a hungry Mirallas playing up front for us.

Mirallas would have scored a hat trick in the FA cup game against Utd given the chances Lukaku missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back