Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be the Norman Whiteside effect.

Big, precocious youngster looked like taking the world by storm.

But he had already hit his peak by the time he was 21 and he never got any better after that.

Still gives me a recurring nightmare from Wembley '85 though :(

whiteside had a really serious knee problem from the age of 21 though mate, then blew his ankle or achilles out though at 22-23 didnt he? Plus reports he was a bit of a boozer as well

Much more a case with Whiteside of injury totally wrecking his career, without those who knows how good he would have become, completely different IMO to Lukakus situation

He needs to up his game if he wants a big move.

Exactly - you can only say he is not the finished product for so long/shows great potential etc.....

He is absolutley at the stage where he needs to demonstrate that the potential is being realised/delivered and consistently if he is to get this massive move he thinks he is worthy of.

The sad part for me though continues to be the role that his arl fella and the blood sucking agent play in manipulating these things - it appears to be them that are constantly messing with his head to get thier cut rather than telling him to knuckle down and realy become the player he could be.

We miss leaders in the dressing room like Cahill and Neville. Cahill would have piped Rom down early doors but Blerto made him one of the main men in the dressing room and being a team player/motivator ain't really Rom.

Regarding our issues I always come back to Blerto though, and by extension Kenwright who stood by him way too long.

We miss leaders in the dressing room like Cahill and Neville. Cahill would have piped Rom down early doors but Blerto made him one of the main men in the dressing room and being a team player/motivator ain't really Rom.

Regarding our issues I always come back to Blerto though, and by extension Kenwright who stood by him way too long.
Strootman is that kind of character if Im not totally off here.

Strootman is that kind of character if Im not totally off here.

Aye reading up around him - supposed to be a natural leader, think that this Strootman rumour seems one that could definitely be a goer actually, ticks a lot of boxed and makes sense for both the player and both clubs involved

thats before you even get into the Dutch connections, the shared agent etc

I see Rom has told GQ Magazine that "I'll go to a club that will give me the chance to be part of a great project," according to the http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...n-transfers-rumours-gossip-PSG-Premier-League.

I can't think of many greater projects than ours the next few seasons... I do wonder why such an apparently intelligent bloke spouts such rubbish all the time - surely has to be his agent and father filling his head with ideas of grandeur above his current status.

I see Rom has told GQ Magazine that "I'll go to a club that will give me the chance to be part of a great project," according to the http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...n-transfers-rumours-gossip-PSG-Premier-League.

I can't think of many greater projects than ours the next few seasons... I do wonder why such an apparently intelligent bloke spouts such rubbish all the time - surely has to be his agent and father filling his head with ideas of grandeur above his current status.

In fairness - and I've been really tired of Rom's mouthing off - an interview with GQ will often have been done a very long time in advance, compared to a newspaper or similar.

In fairness - and I've been really tired of Rom's mouthing off - an interview with GQ will often have been done a very long time in advance, compared to a newspaper or similar.

Good point... perhaps he'll be more inspired to shut up and stay now our 'great project' is underway.

image.webp
Looks like he's been talking again

I have just had it with this kind of tripe, making me feel humiliated every time he gives an interview.

Ship the bugger out and see what kind of a "project" some club will "give" him.

That is his whole problem......he wants to be given everything on a plate.

Working toward building a "project" of which he himself is an integral part of the process rather than joining an already completed one is a prospect which obviously scares the bejasus out of him.

Just like when De Bruyne played the ball into a gap the other night but Rom hadn't the wit to move into that gap, instead wanting it played to his feet.

Just do one Lukaku.

I have just had it with this kind of tripe, making me feel humiliated every time he gives an interview.

Ship the bugger out and see what kind of a "project" some club will "give" him.

That is his whole problem......he wants to be given everything in a plate.

Working toward building a "project" of which he himself is an integral part of the process rather than joining an already completed one is a prospect which obviously scares the bejasus out of him.

Just like when De Bruyne played the ball into a gap the other night but Rom hadn't the wit to move into that gap, instead wanting it played to his feet.

Just do one Lukaku.

I think he will go. Where this could get really sticky though is the price. We will want 60 million plus and I can't see clubs paying more than 40 currently.

What Lukaku doesn't seem to grasp is, the more he shout his mouth off the more I imagine Everton will be stubborn over the price. Primarily because he has lost the good will. Also because Moshiri will not want to be seen as a pushover I his first summer.

It is as though he is going out of his way to make a return to Everton completely untenable.

For that reason alone I would love it if Moshiri just shelved any talk of an improved deal said to Ron to go and buy whoever he wants as a replacement and then stick the gobby git in the reserves for a season.

i like the "but everything is in the hands of my agent" bit like we don't have a say.

I like the 'I must continue to play well' bit myself. Did himself proud against Italy.

He is right about the many clubs being interested though.
Imagine how pleased Steve Bruce or Sean Dyce would be to have him upfront.

As mentioned previously everything is in the hands of Moshiri and Koeman. Nothing to do with his dad or agent. Everton will have the final word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back