Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will go. Where this could get really sticky though is the price. We will want 60 million plus and I can't see clubs paying more than 40 currently.

What Lukaku doesn't seem to grasp is, the more he shout his mouth off the more I imagine Everton will be stubborn over the price. Primarily because he has lost the good will. Also because Moshiri will not want to be seen as a pushover I his first summer.
I could see there being a load of clauses and add ons if he goes. From a buying clubs perspective these comments aren't making him any more appealing. It's obvious he wants out, saying so over and over again makes him look like a bit of a fanny.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave after last season but he has to shoulder some of the responsibility for our performances. Yes he carried the team at times but other times he was a liability. He doesn't even seem to realise that. If you can't do it for everton week in week out then the sort of clubs he keeps banging on about aren't going to be interested especially with the money we've put on his head.

For that reason alone I would love it if Moshiri just shelved any talk of an improved deal said to Ron to go and buy whoever he wants as a replacement and then stick the gobby git in the reserves for a season.

I'm sorry but that is really just stupid. We are a business, we need to win and we need our best players on the pitch not in the reserves. We don't have time for that kind of childish talk. We need all our players playing to their maximum ability. If they say something wrong, then so be it, they will be asked to stop but bottom line is Lukaku will get us a lot of points, we need them. Think about this: PSG/MANU etc, they are not stupid, they are massive businesses in World football, something we are trying to be and it will take years: if they are willing to pay 70 million for Lukaku (we don't know if this is true, nor does he as he said in the interview) it's because he can make them even bigger and it would be to our detriment if he left, it's not a positive thing.

Nobody will pay 60m right now.

And the fans would be up in arms if we only sold for around 40m, esp with United recently paying 30m for an unproven centre back.

All signs are pointing to him staying.

It is as though he is going out of his way to make a return to Everton completely untenable.

For that reason alone I would love it if Moshiri just shelved any talk of an improved deal said to Ron to go and buy whoever he wants as a replacement and then stick the gobby git in the reserves for a season.

Lukaku: "The U21 league is a big dream for me. This massive project will hopefully result in us lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and that will be up there with Southampton's finest moments. I never even realised John Stones had his own painted trophy, but that is what happens when you have such a world class workforce".

I'm sorry but that is really just stupid. We are a business, we need to win and we need our best players on the pitch not in the reserves. We don't have time for that kind of childish talk. We need all our players playing to their maximum ability. If they say something wrong, then so be it, they will be asked to stop but bottom line is Lukaku will get us a lot of points, we need them. Think about this: PSG/MANU etc, they are not stupid, they are massive businesses in World football, something we are trying to be and it will take years: if they are willing to pay 70 million for Lukaku (we don't know if this is true, nor does he as he said in the interview) it's because he can make them even bigger and it would be to our detriment if he left, it's not a positive thing.

My humblest apologies for being so stupid and childish and not having your superior business knowledge and acumen.

My Opinion and the key point is that Rom and his team are being Grade A tossers and need slapping down a peg or 2.

No single player is bigger than the whole of the club - never have been - never will be.

I would love it for him to shut his trap, stay here and bang them in every week and be part of the journey to where we all want to be.

But your apparent acceptance of very poor professionalism is the sort of thing that if allowed to continue unchecked will have a very divisive effect and set a rot at the heart of the club that will be far more damaging in the long run.

I work in an organisation that demands the highest professional standards of me and I do likewise of my subordinates. When those standards are compromised and allowed to go unchecked that can seriously undermine team cohesion and morale.

regards

billytoffee, aged 50, trying desperately hard to not be stupid and childish

Last edited:

PSG might pay 60m for him. They threw 50 at Chelsea for Sideshow Bob and he's a defender who can't defend (he doesn't even have the excuse of having Martinez as a coach) so they'll pay big for Rom if they really want him. The problem is they don't need a striker to win them the league, they'll win that regardless because the French league is so poor. They need a striker to win them the CL and Rom just isn't that good.

I said at the end of the season that despite all the chat from Rom and his oaf of a father, he would still be here next season and I stand by that.

However, his apparent continued waffling to any buffoon in the media who'll listen to him is now getting beyond a joke.
He says he wants Champs League footie, so if he wants to go there is only PSG realistically in the frame.
None of Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid will be interested. Juve might, but only if they out Pogba and Morata for big, big money and that's about it for clubs who could possibly afford him at the inane package he, his oaf of a father and agent will expect/demand.

So if PSG want to throw £60 million our way, then so be it... but not until such time as RK has lined up at least one, preferably two new forwards to spearhead our attack next season.

he is mouthing off again sell him now and buy 3 strikers with the money wed get for him, shambles he is allowed to talk to press should be fined 1 mil

I could see there being a load of clauses and add ons if he goes. From a buying clubs perspective these comments aren't making him any more appealing. It's obvious he wants out, saying so over and over again makes him look like a bit of a fanny.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave after last season but he has to shoulder some of the responsibility for our performances. Yes he carried the team at times but other times he was a liability. He doesn't even seem to realise that. If you can't do it for everton week in week out then the sort of clubs he keeps banging on about aren't going to be interested especially with the money we've put on his head.

I would agree with the bolded bit if Kenwright and Martinez where still calling all the shots. The whole club has changed in the past few months.
I would hope by August we are unrecognisable from the dross we have witnessed recently.
No player should be banging a drum about leaving. The club have done all they can to rectify the problems so given that these players are under contract they should knuckle down and aim for as many trophies as possible.

I said at the end of the season that despite all the chat from Rom and his oaf of a father, he would still be here next season and I stand by that.

However, his apparent continued waffling to any buffoon in the media who'll listen to him is now getting beyond a joke.
He says he wants Champs League footie, so if he wants to go there is only PSG realistically in the frame.
None of Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid will be interested. Juve might, but only if they out Pogba and Morata for big, big money and that's about it for clubs who could possibly afford him at the inane package he, his oaf of a father and agent will expect/demand.

So if PSG want to throw £60 million our way, then so be it... but not until such time as RK has lined up at least one, preferably two new forwards to spearhead our attack next season.

The great thing for me is that for the first time in the Premier League era, we are not reliant on the magic roundabout of having to wait to sell before we can buy. I would love us to get two decent forwards in regardless of Rom. It would show him that he is not as indispensable as he thinks. If someone is foolish enough to put £50M+ on the table for him, great, take it and run, and if not, he'll have to up his game to stay in the team to be able to secure the kind of move he craves in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back