Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to sell him to first bidder

Why? I'm fed up with all this player power. He's under contract and he should be fully committed to living up to how good he tells everyone else he is with us, until such time as someone puts in an acceptable offer. Gone are the days where we need the money or to get him off the wage bill if he isn't in the team.

Why? I'm fed up with all this player power. He's under contract and he should be fully committed to living up to how good he tells everyone else he is with us, until such time as someone puts in an acceptable offer. Gone are the days where we need the money or to get him of the wage bill if he isn't in the team.

i dont want players who don't want to be at the club rather get bacca milik and long and have change with the lukaku money

I could see there being a load of clauses and add ons if he goes. From a buying clubs perspective these comments aren't making him any more appealing. It's obvious he wants out, saying so over and over again makes him look like a bit of a fanny.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave after last season but he has to shoulder some of the responsibility for our performances. Yes he carried the team at times but other times he was a liability. He doesn't even seem to realise that. If you can't do it for everton week in week out then the sort of clubs he keeps banging on about aren't going to be interested especially with the money we've put on his head.

Good point ref the clauses.

I personally wouldn't have let him go for less than £65 million if at all.

however I can understand he may go to fund wages on transfer dealings due to the charter all clubs signed up too regarding not increasing wages by more than 7% season on season.

I'm sure we can sell him for £45 million guaranteed then £20 million in various clauses some of which are highly unlikely similar to martial at United I.e balloon dor winner xxx million champions league winner xxx million.

Given a choice id still keep him he is spouting rubbish to engineer the move & if he stays via a new contract will spout just as much positive rubbish which the majority will lap up & forgive his previous Indiscretions.

His new contract has to be heavily incentivised & on a rising annual scale. £100k tops initially including bonuses with the potential of a rise each year if he hits targets.

This does mean we will most likely have to sell somebody else which is a difficult desicion.

Personally id consider letting McCarthy go for £20 million+ if that meant keeping stones Barkley & lukaku & making top signings on big wages.

Here you go;

upload_2016-6-17_11-20-6.webp

Commence FUME and lots of clicks.

"He's talking crap again"

The reality is, yes, he's talking crap - but it's the crap we've already fumed over. Nothing new, just lazy, poor local journalism.

They think it's OK mind, as they never carried any of the quotes when he said them over a week ago;

upload_2016-6-17_11-19-37.webp

Here you go;

View attachment 25236

The reality is, yes, he's talking crap - but it's the crap we've already fumed over. Nothing new, just lazy, poor local journalism.

They think it's OK mind, as they never carried any of the quotes when he said them over a week ago;

View attachment 25234

so basically what they are saying is because they never reported part of an interview from a whilst ago, it's perfectly ok to do it at a later date without any mention of when the interview was so it seems like a new one, yeah thats journalism at it's finest isn't it

Good point ref the clauses.

I personally wouldn't have let him go for less than £65 million if at all.

however I can understand he may go to fund wages on transfer dealings due to the charter all clubs signed up too regarding not increasing wages by more than 7% season on season.

I'm sure we can sell him for £45 million guaranteed then £20 million in various clauses some of which are highly unlikely similar to martial at United I.e balloon dor winner xxx million champions league winner xxx million.

Given a choice id still keep him he is spouting rubbish to engineer the move & if he stays via a new contract will spout just as much positive rubbish which the majority will lap up & forgive his previous Indiscretions.

His new contract has to be heavily incentivised & on a rising annual scale. £100k tops initially including bonuses with the potential of a rise each year if he hits targets.

This does mean we will most likely have to sell somebody else which is a difficult desicion.

Personally id consider letting McCarthy go for £20 million+ if that meant keeping stones Barkley & lukaku & making top signings on big wages.
Defo get shot of mccarthy, think we might struggle to find someone to take on his wages though

Defo get shot of mccarthy, think we might struggle to find someone to take on his wages though

Don't think from this season on we will struggle to have takers for most of the players we would shift mate, the new TV revenue will see wages across the board shoot up a lot and most clubs will be able to take on and improve contracts that where signed pre increase - at least thats my thinking on it

Don't think from this season on we will struggle to have takers for most of the players we would shift mate, the new TV revenue will see wages across the board shoot up a lot and most clubs will be able to take on and improve contracts that where signed pre increase - at least thats my thinking on it

We will need to be very creative to Manouvre certain players out of the club thankfully it appears that in terms of being financially savvy moshiri is at the very top.

If we can get him to stay it would be a brilliant result and would show that we've convinced him that we can offer him the success he wants.

It can also mean that no one wants to buy him but I prefer my first spin on it lol. Koeman is the right man to show some discipline in this case - if anything it might make Rom into the player he dreams of being.

I think Lukaku will end up at PSG this summer or stay..I don't see any other scenario.

They have plenty of money and have paid silly prices before.
The have lost their main striker in Ibrahamovic , but they could still win everything in France without him, however it would show up that the French league is just a one horse race anyway.
The signing of Lukaku would be a huge PR boost for the club and the league.
Lukaku will not be bought by any of the big European clubs as he is not good enough...yet...maybe never will be.
Everton do not have to sell cheap. In spite of having a big mouth he is a good player(just not as good as he thinks he is) and could have a very good career at Everton. Everton need to have a viable alternative to Lukaku as last year we were totally dependent on him.

I have seen the shouts for Milik and have been impressed by him. A couple of misses which he should have scored but generally a very impressive player.

I think Lukaku will end up at PSG this summer or stay..I don't see any other scenario.

They have plenty of money and have paid silly prices before.
The have lost their main striker in Ibrahamovic , but they could still win everything in France without him, however it would show up that the French league is just a one horse race anyway.
The signing of Lukaku would be a huge PR boost for the club and the league.
Lukaku will not be bought by any of the big European clubs as he is not good enough...yet...maybe never will be.
Everton do not have to sell cheap. In spite of having a big mouth he is a good player(just not as good as he thinks he is) and could have a very good career at Everton. Everton need to have a viable alternative to Lukaku as last year we were totally dependent on him.

I have seen the shouts for Milik and have been impressed by him. A couple of misses which he should have scored but generally a very impressive player.
Do you think emery will put up with his patchy workrate. I appreciate he may not sign the players however initially he will surely have the power to veto any signings he isn't 100% happy with.

Here you go;

View attachment 25236

View attachment 25234

journalism at its finest by the Echo lol Great tweet to them btw ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back