Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the problem really is we only have him as the only striker who is half decent, so we can't rest or drop him, i do wish people would stop going on about his age though, 22 is not that young when you have liverpool with a couple of 18 year olds, Martial at man u

22 is still very young for a footballer regardless of who other teams have playing for them, and it's very early to judge Martial (who could cost Utd £50m) after a handful of games one way other other.

Not sure who the RS have besides Origi as a young striker, and he's not what you'd call clinical anyway.

I love that people can't hide their jealously of a young ambitious lad earning a fortune playing a sport he loves, whilst you lot count down the minutes every day until home time so you can go home and swig on your cans of Special Brew and eat your Micro Chips.
People will find ANY reason to criticise him.

Barkley only just gets away with it because he's one of our own, but when he goes through a ball spell loads want to sell him.

Jealousy.

Ermm, whats wrong with Special Brew and Micro Chips like? :P

One of the most tedious threads in the history of GOT.

And that's saying something.

Some of you carts would prefer Marcus Bent and James Beattie I swear.

Interesting that Tony Cottee has a better Premier League strike rate. Especially when considering that people are banging on about his goal ratio and that nothing else matters.

Cottee would've been about 27 when he played in the premier league for us, plus he'd have been at the club for 4/5 years already.

First touch, first touch blah blah lid blah.....who gives a toss about his first touch. He wS bought to bang in goals and that's just what he does. Some Evertonians just love to whinge.....give Romelu the credit he deserves because you knw you're going to look a right tw@t when he bangs in over 20 this season.Why be arsed about the ones he misses.....enjoy the ones he doesn't you miserable souls.

give Romelu the credit he deserves because you knw you're going to look a right tw@t when he bangs in over 20 this season.Why be arsed about the ones he misses.....enjoy the ones he doesn't you miserable souls.

I've only started criticizing Rom this season, when his goal rate is better than ever. I have no doubt he'll score goals, I'm just imagining what it would be like if he could do a basic trap right. We'd be actually unstoppable.

As I've said he's not prefect but his game is evolving like you'd expect any 22 year olds to, as he gets older his concentration will improve and then you'll see a more consistent player. But in the meantime I guess you'll just have to put up with a very good footballer with an outstanding scoring ratio, so it's not all bad.

That's the problem Doug, he isn't here for very long. We've all accepted it. Wouldn't it be nice if he got that first touch while he was with us? Even for a little while.

That's the problem Doug, he isn't here for very long. We've all accepted it. Wouldn't it be nice if he got that first touch while he was with us? Even for a little while.

What's keeping me confident that we'll be seeing Rom in an Everton shirt for longer than most forsee is that I can't see too many of his potential suitors paying what we'd want for him (like 40 mil or more).

What's keeping me confident that we'll be seeing Rom in an Everton shirt for longer than most forsee is that I can't see too many of his potential suitors paying what we'd want for him (like 40 mil or more).

I think they will. That's why I'm getting so antsy, another 20 goal season and he'll be snapped up for 40 mil. I really do rate him as a player, I'd just love for him to reach a level of completion while he is with us rather than after. We would absolutely carve teams up.

I think they will. That's why I'm getting so antsy, another 20 goal season and he'll be snapped up for 40 mil. I really do rate him as a player, I'd just love for him to reach a level of completion while he is with us rather than after. We would absolutely carve teams up.

Have faith, Toby. I thought Stones leaving was an absolute certainty. You never know...

Prev we're in a win win situation here mate, he carries on like he's doing and we end up getting a 20 league goals a season striker or he improves and we get something like £60m for one of the top players in world football. Either way mate we win.

I'd love to see him stay here for years it's not just his goals I enjoy myself I like the way he celebrates Barkley scoring or Jags, as well as seeing his reaction to hitting that woman in the crowd. He's not only a very good footballer he's a credit to the club, like Stones, Barkley and the other young players for us.

*. You're still on ignore anyway until you admit that Timothy is the greatest American footballer you've ever seen, so [Poor language removed] off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back