Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I just said - he's a goal machine, but not a particularly good actual footballer, which is why he's playing for us and not a top club.

That's an absolute fact. If I were making things up, yes I'd be trolling, but there's nothing in that post which isn't absolute fact.

Again, as long as he bangs in 20+ this season, I like many others won't give a toss. But don't be surprised if those 20+ goals don't result in a top club being properly interested in him for the money it'd take to buy him, because he doesn't offer enough during general play.

I haven´t argued what you are saying, we all agree on some of what you say in that he has his flaws and poor games.

I am talking about the strange decision to keep banging on about it constantly and berating the player even when he has played well or scored important goals. He scores, you say woohoo and then add a critical or smartass comment about the player. You were at it during/after the WBA game.

Put against your defending of Jelavic long after he had been written-off against that, and for me it is just pure attention seeking stuff.

So, you backed Jelavic to the hilt despite him being given more than enough time to come good again, but you are all over Lukakus flaws including after games in which he scores important goals and/or plays well?

Sorry, but along with @blue4eva77 who lauds Kone whilst simultaneously trolling Naisy and Lukaku, I have to say the majority of your posts come across as nothing more than attention seeking.

(i hope you both have enjoyed the little bit of attention I´ve given you ;) )
I've lauded Kone because the lad has come back from an extremely serious serious and has had to chew on abuse from his own fans for well over 12 months. Despite all of this, he has took it on the chin and gone about his business with incredible professionalism and is starting to show some worth and why we paid 6m for him. The lad has kept his head screwed on and fair play to him for that. The injury, the rehabilitation, the frustration, the abuse by football fans and by his own fans would be enough to finish most careers, but he has kept his head up and believed in himself. Fair play to him for that !

that assist for kone was pretty good tho? in fact his passing and vision is really good(remmeber him slipping mirrallas through a few times)

his major problem is his first touch which has just never improved
Major problem should be plural. Problems.

You've mentioned his first touch. That in itself is frustrating but i can just about over look that. His movement off the ball or should i say lack of it, the fact that he stands still after laying the ball off, constantly ball watching, his anticipation and instinct as a supposed striker are just some of the things that are more frustrating than the infamous first touch. His hand eye coordination is pretty much non existent as he jumps for headers 10 minutes before its come down. Sure he can slot from time to time but as said, he is either about as useful as tits on a nun (often) or is unplayable (full moon).

It's tiresome hearing that he is only 22. This is his 4th full season in the English league and i would expect him to have at least learned some of the above points i made.

It's hard to say, as most could be dismissed as not being realistic.

I still would have preferred Bony, and I think Benteke would do well here too. Bacca is probably about as high as I'd go before thinking I was being silly.

Reading that back, my issue with Lukaku could be that his surname doesn't begin with a B.
It might help you to know his name is Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli

I haven´t argued what you are saying, we all agree on some of what you say in that he has his flaws and poor games.

I am talking about the strange decision to keep banging on about it constantly and berating the player even when he has played well or scored important goals. He scores, you say woohoo and then add a critical or smartass comment about the player. You were at it during/after the WBA game.

Put against your defending of Jelavic long after he had been written-off against that, and for me it is just pure attention seeking stuff.

Not true. If he plays well, I say he has played well, and have done regularly. It just doesn't stand out to you when I do because you're looking to be annoyed by the negative, so you filter for that - case in point, you ignored me praising his impact in the WBA thread.

I'm not going to lie just to "cheer on the lads". If he's crap, I'll say he's crap. He was crap against West Brom, did nothing, then exploded to life, won the game, and that was that. Even in this thread, I've said he's a fantastic goalscorer. I'm not just rabidly tearing apart the guy for no reason.

It's hypocritical of you to have a go at me for pointing out when he's poor, but you won't bat an eyelid at people constantly ignoring how bad he can be on here.

It's a discussion forum - I talk about what I see.

I've lauded Kone because the lad has come back from an extremely serious serious and has had to chew on abuse from his own fans for well over 12 months. Despite all of this, he has took it on the chin and gone about his business with incredible professionalism and is starting to show some worth and why we paid 6m for him. The lad has kept his head screwed on and fair play to him for that. The injury, the rehabilitation, the frustration, the abuse by football fans and by his own fans would be enough to finish most careers, but he has kept his head up and believed in himself. Fair play to him for that !

Yep, fair play to him indeed. He aint amazing, but he is contributing.

None of the above has anything to do with my point though.

For my part, I had a good old l0l at Tubey last year for suggesting his hold up play was a fairly outstanding deficiency in his play, but I was of the opinion that he needed to be given time. The reservations I developed recently have come from the fact that there seems to be no visible improvement. Given that it's almost universally agreed that he is moving on from us at some stage in the near future, when do people want this first touch to miraculously develop?

I love Lukaku, and he's been very good for us, but we would be a far more effective attacking unit if he could simply trap the ball. It's a simple, and valid, complaint. Nobody is calling him crap, it's just an observation.

Yep, fair play to him indeed. He aint amazing, but he is contributing.

None of the above has anything to do with my point though.
Well you tried to make a point that i was always ready to dismiss both Naismith and Lukaku in their respect threads but in your opinion, lauded Kone, who isn't everyone's cup of tea. You thought this was quite strange and is your reasoning why you think i'm only doing this because in your words ' I'm typing posts for attention '.

Tubey wrote a post above that is quite excellent. I write posts based on what i see with my own eyes and not because im supposed to just follow suit and go with the grain of the forum. My hatred towards Naismith is justified in the fact i personally think he is atrocious and 9 times out of 10 is a player that harms our football team when he starts. That's based on what i see with my own eyes and feel when i watch our games. Same with Lukaku. Nobody in this thread who is giving Lukaku a bit of grief is pulling apart his goalscoring record. The lad can obviously hit the back of the net and when he is on game he is pretty devastating; its just rare. I've made my points regarding Lukaku also. Is the lad progressing ? Has the lad really honestly progressed from the player we saw in season one under Bobby 2 long years ago ?

He's a 22 year old player for gods sake, he's not prefect but then again no player is at 22. He needs to work on certain aspect of his play to become more rounded of course but in the meantime he's already an outstanding player who can win games almost single handedly.

I think it's worth considering for a minute where the likes of Costa, Lewandowski, Mandzukic or even Drogba where at at this stage of their careers. None of them were in a top competitive league, and none of them had a scoring ratio to touch Lukaku's.

Lukaku's biggest failing is he's not got any real competition at Everton at the minute, there's times he clearly needs a rest but we're unable to offer him that and because he's still so dangerous it's unwise to drop him. His touch is fine, it's just that it's inconsistent and the reason for this is down to a lack of concentration rather than skill, which takes us right back to his age...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back