Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3-3 against Liverpool. He missed chance after chance and should have scored 5 or 6 that day. But in a few minutes he turned the game from 1-2 to 3-2. On Monday he looked totally off the pace and disinterested... then scored 2 and set up the other with a sublime bit of play.

He is frustrating but a constant danger. I would rather have him in my team than against it.
I hope he bags a hat-trick on Sunday.

that assist for kone was pretty good tho? in fact his passing and vision is really good(remmeber him slipping mirrallas through a few times)

his major problem is his first touch which has just never improved

Yes, he has those moments - but he's missing for 88 minutes a game more often than not.

It by and large doesn't matter for a club of our size if he bangs in two goals in the 2 minutes he does turn up, so that's fine, but I'm just saying why he's playing for us and not a top club.

Being a decent goal scorer isn't enough to survive at a truly elite club anymore, and won't be again until playing two up front comes back into fashion.

If he wants to play in the Champions League every year, he'd be better off trying to talk his way into a move to Galatasaray or Porto.

So, you backed Jelavic to the hilt despite him being given more than enough time to come good again, but you are all over Lukakus flaws including after games in which he scores important goals and/or plays well?

Sorry, but along with @blue4eva77 who lauds Kone whilst simultaneously trolling Naisy and Lukaku, I have to say the majority of your posts come across as nothing more than attention seeking.

(i hope you both have enjoyed the little bit of attention I´ve given you ;) )

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I just said - he's a goal machine, but not a particularly good actual footballer, which is why he's playing for us and not a top club.

That's an absolute fact. If I were making things up, yes I'd be trolling, but there's nothing in that post which isn't absolute fact.

Again, as long as he bangs in 20+ this season, I like many others won't give a toss. But don't be surprised if those 20+ goals don't result in a top club being properly interested in him for the money it'd take to buy him, because he doesn't offer enough during general play.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I just said - he's a goal machine, but not a particularly good actual footballer, which is why he's playing for us and not a top club.

That's an absolute fact. If I were making things up, yes I'd be trolling, but there's nothing in that post which isn't absolute fact.

Again, as long as he bangs in 20+ this season, I like many others won't give a toss. But don't be surprised if those 20+ goals don't result in a top club being properly interested in him for the money it'd take to buy him, because he doesn't offer enough during general play.

do you think his game will improve significantly in the next few years?

The 3-3 against Liverpool. He missed chance after chance and should have scored 5 or 6 that day. But in a few minutes he turned the game from 1-2 to 3-2. On Monday he looked totally off the pace and disinterested... then scored 2 and set up the other with a sublime bit of play.

He is frustrating but a constant danger. I would rather have him in my team than against it.
I hope he bags a hat-trick on Sunday.

That is his value. It doesn't matter if he's having a horror show of a game, he can't be ignored. He's usually doubled up on regardless.

You don't get that same danger from a Naismith or Kone.

He's basically a striker who is tailor made for a two striker system.

do you think his game will improve significantly in the next few years?

I have no idea mate. Obviously hope so, but if I had to have a guess I think he will get better at his instinctive movement and will score bagloads in any side that uses two strikers and can let Rom play off the last mans' shoulder, but I think he'll just be a better version of what he is now, rather than a world class all around striker.

Weird thing is, he doesn't need to be brilliant in all areas of his game though. If he can just develop his technique to be average, and consistently be involved in a bit of the build up play when required so the ball sticks to him a bit, then that will be enough for him to be a truly international class striker for the next 10 years.

People need to remember how lucky we are to have Lukaku.

Look back at our strikers over the last 10 years. None even close.

I can't think of a single 'gettable' striker in world football who could do a better job than Lukaku given the role and responsibility we give him.

He's equally lucky to have us.

Yes he's a very good player, but if he were at a top club now would he regularly get games? I personally doubt it - I think he'd be an impact sub at best.

All the reservations that Chelsea had about him still exist. He's at the perfect club for him to improve and impress.

He's equally lucky to have us.

Yes he's a very good player, but if he were at a top club now would he regularly get games? I personally doubt it - I think he'd be an impact sub at best.

All the reservations that Chelsea had about him still exist. He's at the perfect club for him to improve and impress.

Glad you agree with me.

Glad you agree with me.

I do indeed! Best striker we've had in a decade obviously, and increasingly you can make the argument that he's the best in almost 30 years.

But we sometimes undervalue Everton. No player at the club right now is too good to play for us.

I do indeed! Best striker we've had in a decade obviously, and increasingly you can make the argument that he's the best in almost 30 years.

But we sometimes undervalue Everton. No player at the club right now is too good to play for us.
That's something that years of mediocrity has bred in our support, we don't realise how good we are and that we are at the level for Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman etc. to want to be here.

The only player too good for us is John Stones but then he's too good for anyone and his being a footballer should be illegal because it's not fair on other teams.

That's something that years of mediocrity has bred in our support, we don't realise how good we are and that we are at the level for Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman etc. to want to be here.

The only player too good for us is John Stones but then he's too good for anyone and his being a footballer should be illegal because it's not fair on other teams.

To be fair, I did say 'player', not 'footballing deity'. :lol:

People need to remember how lucky we are to have Lukaku.

Look back at our strikers over the last 10 years. None even close.

I can't think of a single 'gettable' striker in world football who could do a better job than Lukaku given the role and responsibility we give him.
Why? Everton paid more than enough for what they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back