Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big difference for me. Lukaku is far from perfect, but what he does best is score goals...which is the #1 job of a striker.

Stones on the other hand is excellent at doing the luxury things of a center half, but has a LOT of work to do on being a strong defender.

Unfair on Stones. Up to the last 3 months of his Everton career he was arguably our best defender. He hit some poor form and suddenly he "can't defend" and has to be put in midfield. Why don't you judge Lukaku in the same way? He was an even worse attacker than Stones was a defender in the last 3 months.

Wouldn't underestimate the importance of keeping him. A 25 goal a season striker playing in front of a team who can defend and give him decent supply is a scary proposition. Lukaku was great last season. Imagine if Koeman takes him up a level and sorts the rest of the team out. Lukaku gives us the opportunity to be a potent force this season.

Indeed

I felt sorry for him on numerous occasions last season

He was scoring goal after goal but due to our horrendous defending had very little to show for it

I think we need to buy as good a striker as we can attract to put some pressure/get the best out of the immature mega-headed one.

Alan Brazil (ducks) said he's been told that Lukaku will end up at Chelsea this window. Make of that what you will, but should be noted he was saying he'd been told Stones to City before the papers or anywhere were reporting it.

We shall see.

image.webp

Alan Brazil (ducks) said he's been told that Lukaku will end up at Chelsea this window. Make of that what you will, but should be noted he was saying he'd been told Stones to City before the papers or anywhere were reporting it.

We shall see.
I choose to ignore Alan Brazil.

We shall see.

Brazil's clueless mate, genuinely.

It was common sense that City would be after Stones as soon as Pep was announced.

And it's well-known that Chelsea have registered their interest in Lukaku but have been put off by our valuation. If they want him back, it's £70mil or no deal.

The thing is with Rom he tells us how great he is and how he is a top elite player now and so we value him as one. He has stitched himself up. No one will pay us what we want for him. He will have to come grovelling for a new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back